“Poor Management and Customer Service” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Winstead Inn and Beach Resort

Winstead Inn and Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Harwich Port B&B and Inns
Short Hills
“Poor Management and Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

I have never written to Trip Advisor before, but I am so upset I had to write in immediately. I tried to make a week's reservation for August on line and it wouldn't take indicating I need to call the Inn. I called the Inn and the employee at the desk could not help and said he would have the manager call me back the next day. The manager called me and said only 5 of the 8 days were available at the Beach House Room 7. I told him I wanted it but my flight West had just closed the door (so I had to get off the phone), could I call in a few hours once I landed to provide my credit card info. I called when I landed and the woman answering the phone said they could not take my reservation now because they were leaving for the day, could I call back the next day. When I called back the room had been given away and no more rooms were available at the Beach House. Essentially, my family vacation on the beach is down the drain, unless I can find something else. I find this to be horrendous customer service and wonder if this is how they treat prospective guests, does it get better once they have your money??!! REALLY DISAPPOINTED because it looked like the perfect place for my family.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank ShortHillsTraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

The Winstead Inn is an adorable inn in a nice area of Cape Cod. They have two locations and we were not able to get a room at the beach location so we stayed at the location that is about a mile and half away from the beach. We were welcomed at both locations and could have complimentary breakfast and beach usage at the beach location. The inn is very well maintained and each location has the classic seaside beach decor and architecture. We stayed in a 2 room suite that was not attached to the rest of the inland location. The rooms had a whitewashed with blue accented decor. Very clean and homey. There was a microwave, sink and refrigerator which came in handy for snacks. One room was like a living room with a pull out sofa bed where the kids slept and the other room had a very comfortable king size bed. This location also had a lovely pool in the backyard area. The only downside to our stay was that the exterior of our suite was not as cute as the rest of the property. It was a separate building that looked a bit like a storefront from the outside. We only had to walk up the driveway to the gated yard to get to the pool and patio so it was not far away. It just didn't have the same ambiance on the outside as the rest of the location. But this was minor because the inside of the suite was lovely. The proprietors were very friendly and it was beautiful to sit out on the back porch of the beach location and have a continental breakfast while looking out on the private beach and Atlantic ocean.

Swanton, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

From the time we arrived and were given a tour of the property and the innkeeper told us to think of the inn as home we felt comfortable. The inn and its beach were just incredible, as was our room. We discovered the Winstead on line but must say that the photos can't do the place justice. The staff was extremely hospitable in every way.....you visit and you won't want to leave. The intimite setting and size of the inn made it easy to meet new friends as well as spend time with your own party in privacy. Everything was clean and tastefully decorated....the breakfast was delicious....can't say enough about what a pleasurable stay it was...Thanks from vermont!!!

Room Tip: stayed in room 11 it is excellent
3 Thank RiButton
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

We have found our newest getaway vacation spot. The Inn is just so beautifully decorated, and the beach is just beautiful not to mention the view on Nantucket Sound.
The orange marmalade muffins were the best..... the staff was so accommodating and very friendly. We were there June19th thru the 21st. Can hardly wait to go back.

1 Thank lovethecape_11
Wellesley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

We loved our second visit to both the best Inn and beach on Cape Cod. The National Seashore might be in the running for a beach but it doesn't have a Winstead Inn so it can't come close! Everything worked to make our stay so great....the beautifully decorated and comfortable Inn at the Beach and Village Inn, the friendly, helpful owners and staff, our comfortable pristine room and everywhere we looked...colorful bushes, trees and flowers that only enhanced the beach and water views. Can't wait to return!
June, 2011

Room Tip: ask for rooms with large windows
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

My husband, myself and baby-to-be stayed there for 4 days for a mini babymoon in June. We wanted to relax, go walk on the beach and take it all in, just the 2 of us before baby's arrival.
This is the place to do so. The location is hard to beat, as we realized when visiting the other small towns around. A few steps down the porch, take off your flip-flops and you are walking in the sand.
We were in room 2, which has a view on the ocean. It is the last room in the corridor before the dining-room where breakfast is served, and even though we thought we might hear a lot of noise in the morning when everything gets set up and guests arrive, it wasn't the case at all !
Breakfast is lovely, and the staff is really sweet. We wish we could have had breakfast outside where tables and umbrellas are set up but the weather was still a little chilly.
We got to enjoy the swimming pool at the Village Inn and we really appreciated the fact that the pool is available to guests from the Beach Resort. In both resorts, there are always plenty of beach towels available.
We highly recommend the place to anyone who wants peacefulness, coziness and sand between the toes !

• 4 of 5 bubbles

#1 of 8 in Sandwich
The Breakers on the Ocean
The Breakers on the Ocean
#11 of 19 in Dennis Port

Been to Winstead Inn and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!