“We continue to return to this wonderful slice of heavan !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Winstead Inn and Beach Resort

Winstead Inn and Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Harwich Port B&B and Inns
New York
“We continue to return to this wonderful slice of heavan !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Charming inn on the water. Greg and Doug are very helpful and friendly to their guests. Countless personal touches throughout the inn make it very cozy and charming. Beautiful views from most rooms. Outstanding views from the large porch and or deck that over looks the ocean. Breakfast is always excellent. Doug bakes the muffins and banana bread personally on the premises. Always fresh fruit and coffee as well as cereal, yogurts, bagels and assorted teas. Definitely not a hotel chain breakfast.
Very nice sized private beach to enjoy as well. Guest can enjoy a leisurely stroll along the mile long shore line. Wychmere Harbor is to one end and Alan's Harbor is to the other. My wife and I routinely walk this gorgeous strip of beach facing Nantucket and Martha's Vinyard.
Any time we have needed something our needs and concerns were always quickly looked after. We never leave here disappointed !

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I didn't want to put my complaint on here, so after receiving an email from the Winstead asking about our stay, I responded to them with our feelings of disappointment. It has now been 7 days since I sent the email, and I have heard nothing back. That just adds to the level of disappointment. So, just to be brief without going into detail, I will say that for what you receive, I feel the prices are too high. The beach is not that private. . There is a public beach right there. I feel it's a bit misleading to people who aren't familiar with the area. And I feel that someone should have emailed me back by now...

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Tracy K
Philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

I have many sensitivities due to an autoimmune disorder. Never occurred to me that at these prices I would encounter flat pillows, rough sheets and a urine smell in the carpet . That and poorly insulated rooms , with noise carrying through the walls, woke me up very early each morning.
One evening we wanted to use the jacuzzi and called to have have help turning it on.The owner screamed at us, called the police, and said he wanted to evict us because we were so difficult. A real tirade. Police calmed him down. In 50 years of travel here and abroad have never bad any problems with hotels or management.
Hurt my health and would have left if it had been possible to get a refund or at least change rooms.
Traveler beware.
Nice looking, decent amenities, but you have to carry their heavy chairs down to the beach. Not so pleasant at our age.

1 Thank ZoecatPhiladelphia
Playa Del Carmen
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed at the Inn for 3 nights .....Nice ocean front hotel with nice deck and access to private beach ...Rooms are clean and classic ....but very noisy. Stayed at the beach room # 3 and could hear water pipes when people upstairs took shower as well as them walking ...so we didn't really sleep well by waking up in morning with these noises.....parking is sometimes an issue as well and relatively small.....
Otherwise staff is great and Inn has some food views.....just a bit overpriced I think for the Cape Cod as its doesn't have much amenities in exception to be on beach front

Room Tip: Try to pick second floor beach house rooms I guess
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dmitriy M
mywoody, General Manager at Winstead Inn and Beach Resort, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for your input. Reserving a room last minute this time of year leaves few options. The Beach Resort has a center hallway with rooms to either side. Next time I would try a room on the second(#3 first floor) floor or stay at the Winstead Village Inn where many rooms have private entrances. Each guest has a standard parking space; unfortunately not all cars are a standard size. That concern can be alleviated by staying at the Winstead Village Inn, where our private car will take you back and forth to the beach property. Next time we hope you will give us more notice so we can help you select the perfect room for you.
Wyckoff, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was really impressed by these accommodations! Both locations are beautiful. We opted for the one in town, as the rooms were larger (and we were traveling with two children) and the prices were a bit more affordable. Having access to the beach location though was very convenient and made visiting the beach a couple of times very enjoyable. We had the best of both worlds! The folks at the desk are just excellent (the only thing to be weary of is that after 6pm no one is there to help!) and very helpful. The room we stayed in was very clean and they really thought of every little detail. Just a beautiful place overall. Breakfast is served in their main room with wonderful music playing and a lovely ambiance.

Room Tip: Rooms at the town location (vs the beach) are larger and less expensive, and you can still use the b...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jv0606
We are happy you truly enjoyed yourselves. Even though the front desk does close at 6:00pm, our on property staff are on call to help with with your needs. Hope to see you again soon.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Wow, so nice. We stayed at the Inn and loved our room (Cpt. Joshua Eldridge). The staff were friendly, nice and accommodating. I wish I had remembered to write this review sooner so that I could rave about the woman who we dealt with the most and got the most help and suggestions from, but everyone was so great that we talked to that I imagine everyone is fairly wonderful. 100% clean, quiet, comfortable, wonderful attention to detail and uniqueness at every turn, new facilities, and located fairly well for jumping off to jaunt anywhere on the Cape. And for us, this wasn't just the place we stayed, but added to our overall trip. Our room was nice and roomy enough that spending time in the room was enjoyable, and verged on being pleasant enough to keep us from leaving it.

And I mention that we were helped, but should really emphasize that that desk staff really helped us out in making plans. We opted to take our trip with a somewhat seat-of-our-pants approach, and were given good advice on attractions, driving times, when places were busy, etc. By our second day we had already begun to rely on the front desk for making plans.

I would suggest staying here without hesitation.

Room Tip: Light music plays during the day from speakers in the pool area, so if you want to sleep in later yo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks Rob,
Anne as most of our front desk staff have a wealth of local information. We all live in this special place because we love the cape and want to share it. We have tried to make our website user friendly so it is possible to plan in advance but there are always last minute to dos that we more than willingly share. Next visit we can fill your day with a new set of activities.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I booked my stay thru booking.com. I immediately realized the accommodation would not fit our needs. Called to speak with customer service and received an email days later saying the hotel could not help me aND they would have booking.com get in touch with me which they did not. Quoted $1900 by booking.com. CHARGED $2500 by WINSTEAD Inn for a room with 1 queen bed and 1 sofa bed. I could not change reservation and had to go out and by an air bed to accommodate my family at a price of over $500 a night.

Com

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
2 Thank Anne J
mywoody, General Manager at Winstead Inn and Beach Resort, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
This is an unfortunate situation when a reservation is made through a third party and we are left out of the loop. At no time were we alerted of a need for an extra bed, if we had been we would have looked for an alternative room. A cot was offered on arrival but declined. The price quoted by booking.com is correct, as is the 9.7% tax and 18% service which is listed on their site as additional charge but had to be agreed by you to complete the reservation. We are a full service property and want all guests happy all the time but we can not read minds. After the fact all we can say is, we are sorry.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harwich Port
#1 of 8 in Sandwich
The Breakers on the Ocean
The Breakers on the Ocean
#11 of 19 in Dennis Port

Been to Winstead Inn and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!