“Scam”

Ranked #1 of 8 Harwich Port B&B and Inns
Granby, Connecticut
“Scam”
Reviewed 13 July 2004

I haven't yet been there but had read the bad reviews from previous reviewers and decided to cancel my $300 a night reservation the day after I had made it. Their cancellation policy is horrible. They charged my credit card after I had already cancelled and when I called to question it they said it would be reversed but I would be charged 10% of my reservation THE DAY AFTER I had just made it. For a 2 night stay that was $60 that I was out. I do NOT recommend this SCAM at all!!!

6 Thank ToniRx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Canada
Reviewed 28 February 2003

If you've been to the Winstead Beach Resorts website you'll instantly fall in love. Unfortunately that image has been digitally enhanced. The beach does NOT flow freely just a few feet behind it like they suggest. Infact when you approach the building you can't even see water. We were very upset about their false advertising. We were in room # 14, it had dark wood walls, which I didn't enjoy. This place is very expensive and we didn't feel worth the money. There are places right beside it, with the same view for a lot less money. The breakfast was a bowl of fruit and a piece of coffee cake, not such a prize to us. We aren't recommending it.

24 Thank lovewaterview
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa
Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa
#1 of 8 in Sandwich

Been to Winstead Inn and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!