“Very nice and relaxing”

Allen Harbor Breeze Inn & Gardens
Ranked #2 of 8 Harwich Port B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 July 2010

The Harbor Breeze Inn is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the cape. I stayed here this past weekend with my parents, my husband and our toddler. The owners are kind and welcoming, without being too overbearing. My son was welcome and was very happy to play in the immaculately clean pool. The gardens are lovely and
well cared for, and the rooms were very clean and comfortable.

We had two rooms, both with A/C. However, the larger of the two rooms had too small of an A/C for the room, and it did not cool off until bedtime. The bathrooms are very clean and rooms are decorated nicely without being too feminine. Some of the furniture pieces need a little TLC, but we had plenty of room for our things.

The continental breakfast consisted of coffee and tea, breakfast breads, muffins, fruit, cereal and a specialty item (strata one day and granola parfaits the next). It was plenty to carry us through a morning at the beach. I would gladly stay at the Harbor Breeze Inn again next summer.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank rcrichmond

Reviewed 28 June 2010

My wife and I took a chance and spent several nights at the Allen Breeze because our favorite hotel was booked. Guess what? We now have a different favorite place to stay on the Cape....The Allen Breeze Inn! Our room was clean, tidy, distinctively decorated with a Cape theme of which many of the pillows and blankets we discovered later were made by Marie David. We especially liked the quiet and serene atmosphere within the property of the Inn away from the hustle and bustle of Cape roads yet within easy walking distance of downtown stores. You must visit the secluded area adjacent to the chapel and delight in its solitude.....for quiet and relaxing reading or just to listen to the many different varieties of singing birds.....a true paradise! Special thanks to Jim & Marie for your warm hospitality. See you soon!

Myron & Rose Dittmer

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2010

My husband and I stayed at Allen Harbor during its off season.While I spent the day attending a course he went off shopping and sea shore walking, all within walking distance of the Inn.The bed was comfortable,the garden is beautiful and the Inn itself was very quiet and peaceful. There was a fridge in the room and excellent lighting for a late night read.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Harbor Breeze is cozy, comfortable and convenient. Jim and Marie, the Innkeepers, make you feel welcome from the moment of arrival. We have found them to be a wealth of knowledge about the Cape and its attractions. We particularly love the enhanced continental breakfast. There are plenty of choices from cereal to homemade breads and other specialties (the blueberry bread pudding, served with warm maple syrup is a personal favorite) We love the self service breakfast, with the option to eat in the breakfast room or take a tray back to our room. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Gardeners will appreciate the grounds landscaped by the owners. Marie has worked magic with the property. The Harbor Breeze is perfect for a quiet, relaxing Cape getaway.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2010

It has become a tradition for our family to spend Easter on the Cape at the Allen Harbor Breeze Inn. We always stay in the Tree Top Suite, which is charming. The suite consists of a master bedroom with a living room separated by a bathroom. My daughter uses the pull-out couch in the living room and enjoys the gas fireplace. My husband and I really enjoy the huge whirlpool tub.

(We did come back to the Inn during the summer one year and found the pool to be very well-maintained and clean.)

The current owners, Jim and Marie David, always make us feel welcome and spoil us with delicious breakfast goodies.

We plan to be back again next Easter!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelingTrioFromCT
Reviewed 9 April 2010

Stayed in the Treetop Suite which was very nice but right over the main dining room. Things were a bit noisy in the morning when breakfast was going on. Breakfast was not a traditional full service B&B style and more a self serve of cereal, english muffins, coffee. Pool was nice but it was too chilly to take a swim. The innkeepers were very friendly as were the other guests. Some children were staying in the inn which also made breakfast a little less than peacefull but otherwise we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank steffiedear
jimdavi, Owner at Allen Harbor Breeze Inn & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2010

We regret that this guest did not have the experience they expected. If they had let us know we would gladly have tried to help with the problem. Allen Harbor Breeze Inn & Gardens offers a variety of rooms to meet the diverse needs of our guests. The Lilac & Trellis Rooms are located in our “couples wing” which is a quiet wing that does not accommodate families with children. The Tree Top Suite is a two room suite on the second floor over the Breakfast Room where an expanded continental breakfast is served from 8:30-9:45am each day. Sound can sometimes be heard from below during that period. We have rarely had complaints about that. Our expanded continental breakfast includes fresh fruit, home baked goods, english muffins and/or bagels, juice, coffee, tea and cereals. Sound can sometimes be heard from below during that period. Families with children are most welcome at our inn and we have beautiful Gardenside Rooms and Family Suites as well as the Cathedral Room to provide a delightful stay.

Reviewed 7 August 2009

My mother and I were attending an event in neighboring Chatham and needed to book a hotel room on short notice. I was a bit nervous about this place because they were charging about $100 less for the night that similar properties we found online.

My mother called and spoke to Jim who she described as "incredibly nice". Still, my sarcastic side got the best of me and I couldn't help joking on the way there that we were staying in "some guys house" and it would probably be "creepy".

I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived! The gardens were beautiful and the owner Marie was very friendly as she showed us to our room. We were in Room 7, which is not attached to the main house, but in a row of 4 rooms in a separate building. I really liked the feeling of privacy this created. Also, as I mentioned in the title, the A/C was phenomenal, which I've found is not always the case when I travel!

In the morning, we were able to get a good look at the impeccably kept grounds, including a small, but immaculate pool and a labrynth that I wish I had more time to explore.

I still can't believe we paid so much less than "the going rate" in the area for such a wonderful experience.

I highly recommend you book a room with them.

• Stayed: August 2009
#3 of 8 in Harwich Port
A Beach Breeze Inn
A Beach Breeze Inn
#1 of 1 in West Harwich

Been to Allen Harbor Breeze Inn & Gardens? Share your experiences!