Captain's Quarters Bed and Breakfast Inn
A Beach Breeze Inn(West Harwich)(Great Value!)
US$114
Handkerchief Shoals Inn(South Harwich)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$276
US$252
Priceline
US$50
The Cutty Sark(Dennis Port)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2013

About 1/2 block from town and 2 from Bank Street beach, we love this place. Big wrap around deck to read on. Rooms vary in size so ask about that. Breakfast is continental and it's pretty to sit on the deck and eat it. Very affordable for a Cape B&B. Only has like 4 rooms so you're never crowded out like some places. It has a time capsule feel and it's just peaceful , classic Cape.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank TimGro
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We've come here several years in a row, and have always had a very nice time. The location is fantastic--it's right in Harwich Port so there's plenty to walk to as far as restaurants, stores, and it is very close to the beach. My favorite part of the property is the large wrap around porch which is great for reading, having breakfast on, or a glass of wine at night. The innkeepers are nice and accommodating about arrival and departure times. The breakfast is fairly basic, but good--always pastries/muffins, cereal, fruit, yogurt, plenty of drink options. Most impressive is that the prices are so reasonable for the location particularly considering how expensive the Cape can be for lodging in the summer.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kate2538146
Reviewed 27 August 2011

My adult daughter and I just returned from a stay at the Captain's Quarters. Unfortunately, our stay had to be cut short because of an impending hurricane and my daughter's need to travel home to beat the storm. I cannot say enough about how wonderful and understanding Ed and Susan, the Inn Keepers were. They allowed us a very late check-out and did not penalize us for our departure which was 2 days less than our original reservation with them.

In addition to their kindness, we enjoyed the breakfast which included a variety of fresh fruit, warm muffins and breads, oatmeal, yogurts, juices, assorted teas and fresh coffee--- a good start to the day. The Inn is a very short walk to the beach and the cute downtown which offers varied food options, shops to browse, and places to buy whatever you might need.

Probably the nicest part of the Inn is their wonderful wraparound porch. We enjoyed sitting there in the late afternoon-- relaxing after a busy day at the beach and before heading off to dinner.

We'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Two girl friends stayed at the Captain's Quarters and loved it. I don't understand the other reviewer not liking it, but that review is 6 years old. Communication with the host was great pre-arrival and he was accomodating when we arrived. The inn was spit-spot clean and I loved the breakfast. It was continental, but there were many choices: 2 juices, oatmeal, english muffins next to a toaster, sliced bananas, strawberries, cantaloupe, yogurt, and 2 different cereals. And the newspaper. Our room was spacious, clean, and towels were replaced daily (not necessary!). The common room was large, and there were plenty of books and magazines. Great location near shopping, beaches, and restaurants. You could just walk from the inn, if you wanted. Gorgeous grounds with a crabapple tree in bloom, and in one of he prettiest streets in Harwichport. The wrap-around porch is the prettiest feature! I look forward to returning.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ciclistacaribena
Reviewed 3 October 2006

Unfortunately there were no reviews on the Captain's Quarters B&B when I was doing my research. So I've decided to help someone else out!!! The place was a bit of a disappointment. The best feature about this charming home is the front porch. It was wonderful to sit out there in the evening. However the rest of the place leaves alot to be desired. The breakfast was simply Continental and nothing more...which was fine; however it was the same every, single morning. I had asked if there was decaf coffee and was told to use the instant bags near the hot water. I don't think so. A pot of decaf could have been brewed since there was a Bunn Coffee Maker in the kitchen, not lacking in space to brew 2 pots of coffee. The rugs in our room and up the stairs is in desperate need of shampooing and the curtains in the hallway up stairs and in the bedroom were dirty and stained. The furniture was never dusted nor waxed when we arrived and for the entire week it remained very dusty. I had to write on the nite table "Dust Me". As I mentioned before the best feature was the beautiful wrap around porch. People not very friendly. Quite disappointed....would I go back....No Way!!

Stayed: September 2006