“Harwichport Gem”

Mooncussers Tavern Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mooncussers Tavern Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Harwich Port
Price range: US$6 - US$36
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
upstate ny
“Harwichport Gem”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Mooncussers definitely lives up to all the positive reviews it has received. Casual comfortable atmosphere, great live music on a Thursday night, wonderful martinis, attentive professional service, good prices and most importantly amazing tapas. I am so used to being disappointed by over priced cape cod restaurants with unremarkable food. Mooncussers is my new favorite! 8 tapas were perfect for 4 people and we finished with delicious chocolate bread pudding and a nice cheese board with our coffee. A lovely Tempranillo was the perfect wine. Try it...you'll love it too.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank sandyupstateny

Brewster, Massachusetts
“Fantastic atmosphere!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

What a delightful place! A very personally warm and welcoming atmosphere, with great live music, and distinctive and superb food. There wasn't a huge selection, but everything on the menu looked intriguing and enticing. The presentation and taste more than lived up to the expectations that the menu inspired. The delicate preparation of fresh foods created unusual dishes with a perfect blending of complimentary flavors. The food tastes even better thanks to the uncommonly warm, calm and relaxed atmosphere.

We had been afraid to try Mooncussers, as its name led us to imagine some kind of coarse lunacy. Don't be fooled, forget any worries about the name, and give it a try!

• Visited May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delightful meal - charming restaurant - don't be fooled by name!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Thank you Tripadvisor! We have been going to Harwich for years, but this place wasn't even on our radar until I saw it was #1 with your reviewers. If I had seen it from the road, I would have been put off by the name which makes it sound like it houses a noisy bar.

But ahh, what wonders lie within! In fact, the dining room is quiet and spacious with plenty of room around each table for private conversation. (There is a bar portion of the establishment, if you turn to the right instead of the left after entering, so it is quite a distance away and the noise does not reach.)

Most importantly, the food is divine. Well prepared, creative combinations, sumptuous servings. Mmm, can't wait to return. We decided to order entrees because they were even more enticing that the tapas. The swordfish special was fabulous - a thickly cut and very fresh portion perfectly grilled,with a delicious sauce, served on top of a huge mound of grilled vegetables. I am one who always has trouble choking down my vegetables, but not here - whatever they did to them (marinade? sauce? I don't know.) was delicious and I ate every morsel. My husband was very happy with his burger which they offer in various fancy versions, but all come with the house fries which may be better than any other fries you have ever had.

Be sure to save room for dessert because the chocolate bread pudding is out of this world!

We wish the proprietors (one of whom is French) much luck which they richly deserve. Bringing this world class restaurant to Harwich is a great service to those of us who formerly thought of Cape restaurants as offering little beyond fried fish and cole slaw! Delightful in every way.

• Visited June 2014
Rhode Island
“Great restaurant and Gracious Hostess”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had seared scallops with asparagus infused risotto. Five star quality and remindful of great French Bistros I have had the pleasure of dining throughout the years. The hostess is from the Bordeaux region of France and boy does she know how to run a restaurant! I am amazed that little Harwichport comes up with 5 star dining but this place is the best of the best! Don't miss it. My wife had the duck and is still raving about it. Suffice it to say we are foodies and I will return.

• Visited May 2014
Voorheesville, New York
“Best burger on Cape Cod”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The menu was thoughtful, reasonably priced, and the food was sensational. Ambiance was warm and the service professional and gracious.

Visited May 2014