“Wow! This is one amazing restaurant!”

Mooncussers Tavern Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mooncussers Tavern Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Harwich Port
Price range: US$6 - US$36
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“Wow! This is one amazing restaurant!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I've spent my summers in Harwich for the past nine years and driven past this restaurant for several of them. What a mistake that was! The tavern has a very cool atmosphere and has live music on many evenings. The food, a mixture of tapas, burgers and entrees is unique, beautifully presented and absolutely delicious! We got two tapas...a tiger shrimp dish with an amazing tomato based sauce and a steak and eggs plate served over rice with Bernaise sauce. The owner's son explained to us that he and a friend worked on creating the dish while he was playing hockey and had to eat a lot of protein. It was really good! For dinner, my husband and I split a seafood primavera made with fresh pasta, shrimp, scallops and little necks that included some perfectly cooked vegetables. Also a great choice. I can honestly say this was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. I'm just bummed I couldn't make room for the chocolate bread pudding for dessert! The only criticism I have is that we waited a long time for our food. Everything seems made to order and it was well worth the wait! Can't wait to go back!

1 Thank Danielle816

Orlando, Florida
“When are we going again, Honey?”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Soon....he said.....very soon! We let this restaurant sit for 3 years before actually dining here. I misjudged it by its name and assumed it was just a pub....this is NOT just a pub. It's a lovely establishment owned by a kind french/american couple who understand food, presentation, and good service.

My husband and I FINALLY made it here the other day and loved our meals. Seafood and veggies were the crux of my meal and that is always a score for me as I never like good food without the accompaniment of nicely done vegetables, (asparagus, fresh corn and red onion). Our server was exceptional and friendly, (although she was new). It goes without saying that whenever the owners or management visits each table to "check in" service is usually very good...and it was in this case too! The bar area is comfy and lovely also. I think we will plan on going back soon to sample the classy looking bar in the back as well! Don't miss this one!

1 Thank Orlandogal307
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food and service both fantastic”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The meal was extraordinary and our Irish waiter was amazing. I would highly recommend this for a night out.

Visited July 2014
Inverness
“Outstanding food and service”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

My only regret about this place is that I didn't find it sooner.
From the minute we arrived I observed a confidence about the quality of the food which was not misplaced.
A family owned and run establishment which takes immense pride in the overall dinning experience.
The French love of food and the American attention to service shine through. Superb quality of food cooked to perfection. Service was excellent and we never lacked for anything. The server was able to help us with our numerous questions.
The menu is really good with a fresh feel about it. On this occasion I had the the tuna which needless to say was perfect. However the burgers which are a slightly cheaper option sounded awesome. They have a little duck fat mixed in for flavour! There is a wide tapas menu which maybe is the way to dine here.

There are two bar areas but it's not a bar scene. Lovely seating area to unwind in before or after a meal.

Will return. Best bit ...it's just down the road from where we stay on the Cape! Happy days if we can afford it.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Will_HInverness
Lighthouse Point, Florida
“Burger…does that render meat, fish, or veggie?”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Service by way of hostess and server…excellent….we arrived later on a week night….still we had to wait for a table, then waited extensively to be served our main dish. Server explained a large party was ahead of us caused the delay. Prior to ordering, we inquired heavily about the Tuna burger…no mention of beef….was told the duck fat infusion brings out the flavor. Unfortunately the vague menu does not clarify the Tuna burger has beef, and I am non-meat eater. We had to then make another menu choice, causing our dining to be out of synch with our diners and really ruining the whole experience. Read the menu and inquire if you have specific nutritional restrictions.

1 Thank Sherribird
Dwise812, General Manager at Mooncussers Tavern Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
We do apologize for the misunderstanding of the menu as well as the short wait for your table. As we are in the middle of our peak season, most restaurants in the area do have between a half hour to an hour wait between the times of 7:00pm- 9:00pm. Fifteen minutes might be inconvenient, but by no means is a long wait for a table in July.
The California tuna avocado burger has become one of our more popular burgers on our menu. As specifically described on the menu it is: "duck infused burger, hass avocado, marinated blue fin tuna, garlic ailoi, dynamite sauce, truffled micro arugula, roasted tomatoes, and pickled red onions."
Furthermore, the description of how the chef prepares all our duck infused burgers was explained in detail by the server. As a vegetarian and a non-meat eater we are confused as to why a duck infused item was chosen in the first place. Regardless, the scallop entree that was chosen after the burger was taken off the bill as compensation.
We do treat all our guests "local" as mentioned by the party, or those just visiting our small town on vacation as best we can, with the upmost attention to dietary restrictions as well as other needs. As a small local family owned business we understand that summers on cape cod tend to get a bit busy, and strive every day to make every experience more enjoyable then the last as we welcome returning guests. Hope to see you soon.