Cape Sea Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We dined at Cape Sea Grill and had a stellar evening. We were greeted warmly and chose the table we wanted. Our waitress was charming, warm and knowledgeable. She helped us choose our meal which we all thought were delicious. We had read that the meals could be sparse but ours were not. I had their prix fix meal that included caesar salad, seafood pasta and chocolate bread pudding. I ordered the prix fix just so I could have the chocolate bread pudding and it was outstanding. Our waitress had said it was made with chocolate pound cake and it really was spectacular. The seafood pasta had generous amount of lobster, shrimp and scallops. I was surprised at the amount and quality for the price. My husband had their homemade pate for appetizer and a special with risotto and swordfish and salmon. He was very happy with his choices.

It also bears mentioning that their martinis are very large and nicely done. The restaurant has a calm inviting ambience.

I will come back to this delightful restaurant and the bar area looked fun as well.

2  Thank Linda U

Reviewed 22 October 2013

WE had an incredibly mediocre meal along with unfriendly service, and all for over $30.00 per entre. I don't recommend this at all.

3  Thank Santamonicatea
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We dined at the Sea Grill during Restaurant Week. Several of us ordered the Fish Taco entrees, our order was sparse with one or two small pieces of fish. The soup was terrible, mussels no better. Our dessert of Creme was acceptable.
This restaurant should not participate in Restaurant Week with such a week commitment

2  Thank August M
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I was looking forward to dining at the Cape Sea Grill after my good friend raved about her meals there
The experience was not pleasant. We began with the calamari appetizer at $15, the calamari was battered with a thick cornmeal(I believe) batter that was overwhelming to the Calamari. It came with no dipping sauce and severed on a bed of wilted salad with corn. The size of the order was small. The salad with goat cheese was unremarkable and pedestrian.
The servers all seemed to be racing here and there with no real direction. The tone was rushed and hurried. It really was not busy for a Cape restaurant. The wines by the glass were unremarkable and many of the selections can be found at my local wine store.
I doubt very much if I will ever return .

2  Thank FoodmanI
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We had a pretty unenjoyable evening here last week, in terms of both food and service.
We were seated in the conservatory, which was probably lovely in the summer but at the end of September, really wasn't. Our seat was right next to a fire exit, through which a really chilly blast was coming. There was an improvised curtain on the bottom half of the door, so the owners were clearly aware of the problem and really, there shouldn't have been an extra table squeezed in there until the draft had been dealt with properly.
Anyway, it was actually making my hands go a bit numb, so after five minutes, we very politely and apologetically asked to move. The waiter looked at us as if we'd spat in his face. We were moved into the main room which was warmer, but we'd obviously annoyed him with our perfectly reasonable request, because when he took our order, he practically snatched the menus out of our hands.
Putting that behind us, we ordered, and my husband had a quite tasty vegetarian dish with squash and lentils and so on; our wine was also very good. I think it was a sancerre, off the top of my head. But my pan-seared lobster was really, really dire. It was overcooked and chewy; and the broth was just dreadful. It didn't taste of saffron or calvados; it just tasted bitter and a bit charcoal-y - as if something had been perhaps burnt in the sauce then removed. The potatoes were nice, but the asparagus was very hard (and I say this as somebody who really likes their vegetables on the toothy side of al dente).
The whole thing was a mess. I didn't eat half of it, but the huffy waiter didn't bother to ask whether there was a problem.
Of course, as we ordered the check, Mr Grumpy suddenly turned into Mr Charming and started chatting to us about our holiday. Isn't that always the way, when they remember a little thing called 'tipping'?
The next day, we went to Catch of the Day in Wellfleet for lunch. A tiny, shack sort of a place, no tableclothes, no linen napkins. And the most delicious, fresh, well cooked seafood you can imagine, at a third of the price.
Which just made me even more angry about wasting my dollars at the Cape Sea Grill, which really is about a tenth as good as it thinks it is.

2  Thank emma c