“$30 PRIXE FIXED SPECIAL IS A RIP OFF”
Review of Cape Sea Grill

Cape Sea Grill
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Harwich Port
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The prixe fixed meal I had consisted of a tiny ceasars salad. For the entree, which was the size of an appetizer, consisted of one medium sized shrimp,1/2 of a lobster claw, and one scallop, mixed with a miserly portion of pasta. Food was mediocre at best. The last straw was when the bill came, they had the nerve to charge $1.50 extra( on a $300 bill) for a couple extra croutons on the salad

The served was somewhat arrogant, even though the 2 20% gratuity was automatically added to the bill.

It's obvious the restaurant is all about the money, and very little else

5  Thank Tom S

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We dined at Cape Sea Grill and had a stellar evening. We were greeted warmly and chose the table we wanted. Our waitress was charming, warm and knowledgeable. She helped us choose our meal which we all thought were delicious. We had read that the meals could be sparse but ours were not. I had their prix fix meal that included caesar salad, seafood pasta and chocolate bread pudding. I ordered the prix fix just so I could have the chocolate bread pudding and it was outstanding. Our waitress had said it was made with chocolate pound cake and it really was spectacular. The seafood pasta had generous amount of lobster, shrimp and scallops. I was surprised at the amount and quality for the price. My husband had their homemade pate for appetizer and a special with risotto and swordfish and salmon. He was very happy with his choices.

It also bears mentioning that their martinis are very large and nicely done. The restaurant has a calm inviting ambience.

I will come back to this delightful restaurant and the bar area looked fun as well.

2  Thank Linda U
Reviewed 22 October 2013

WE had an incredibly mediocre meal along with unfriendly service, and all for over $30.00 per entre. I don't recommend this at all.

3  Thank Santamonicatea
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We dined at the Sea Grill during Restaurant Week. Several of us ordered the Fish Taco entrees, our order was sparse with one or two small pieces of fish. The soup was terrible, mussels no better. Our dessert of Creme was acceptable.
This restaurant should not participate in Restaurant Week with such a week commitment

2  Thank August M
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I was looking forward to dining at the Cape Sea Grill after my good friend raved about her meals there
The experience was not pleasant. We began with the calamari appetizer at $15, the calamari was battered with a thick cornmeal(I believe) batter that was overwhelming to the Calamari. It came with no dipping sauce and severed on a bed of wilted salad with corn. The size of the order was small. The salad with goat cheese was unremarkable and pedestrian.
The servers all seemed to be racing here and there with no real direction. The tone was rushed and hurried. It really was not busy for a Cape restaurant. The wines by the glass were unremarkable and many of the selections can be found at my local wine store.
I doubt very much if I will ever return .

2  Thank FoodmanI