“Consistently Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 24 Restaurants in Harwich Port
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: French, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Description: Renowned Local Chef Christian Schultz has reinvented L'Alouette as a comfortable, elegant restaurant serving Global Cuisine with fresh local ingredients. L'Alouette features and extensive menu and offers a $27 3 course prix fixe menu from mid October until May.
East Dennis, Massachusetts
“Consistently Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

We live on Cape Cod and this is our favorite restaurant. The food is well prepared and presented. Service is consistent. There is aa good selection of seafood and other dishes all done in in a French bistro style.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Lbs58

Bucks County, PA
“Wow, we were impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

My wife and I didn't have high expectations when we dined here on her birthday, but we were staying in the area and an acquaintance urged us to try it. We were very pleasantly surprised. Between the two of us we had an excellent salad, seared scallops on risotto, sun-dried tomato-crusted haddock, gelato and an almond tart. Every dish was full of flavor and perfectly-prepared. The tart in particular was truly outstanding. During a week-long trip to Boston and the Cape, we enjoyed our best meal here. Strong wine list, too. A tad pricey but not out of range for what you get.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Streamborne
upstate ny
“nice simple french bistro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

We arrived early enough for the special...a salad or soup and dessert included in the price of the entree on a special early menu. The place had a real bistro feel with a lovely fire burning and two simply but beautifully decorated rooms. Our cocktails were perfect..a dirty martini and a manhattan. My husband had the mussel soup which was probably the low point of the meal. It was nicely flavored with saffron and mussels but the soup itself lacked body. My field greens salad was just that...a pile of field greens with herb dressing but nice for what it was. My entree was moules frites...a small to medium portion of beautiful mussels in a nice broth with a huge bowl of frites nicely salted and crispy however I would have loved some aoli to dip them in. My husband's cod was good and served with garlic confit and sauteed spinach. No starch was in evidence so he shared my frites (enough for two with some left over). Dessert was a good vanilla gelato with a caramel sauce and lots of crunchies and an angel food cake with whipped cream and a strawberry puree. The service was perfect at all times. The wine list was extensive with some really affordable bottles. All in all a really good meal, fairly priced for The Cape. We'll definitely go back.

• Visited April 2013
5 Thank sandyupstateny
Harwich, Massachusetts
“L'Alouette - What has happened to this restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

We started going to L'Alouette sincee a couple from Belgium first opened. When the new owners began, there were some good items dropped but still a good restaurant. Several months ago we went. I had rack of Lamb. As soon as the waiter brough it I could smell it was bad. Since the tables are close I went out to the lobby to tell the waiter. He retrived it and said it was definitely spoiled. Why did the chef not see this? I requested something different. No apologies. No offer. Nothing! So I decided not to go back.

A week ago my Mother-in-law celebrated her 95th birthday. She wanted to go to L'Alouette. My wife, brother-in-law and Mother-in-law all ordered their “favorite” meal there. Crispy duck. It looked like it was boiled in water. They all said it was awful. My meal was fair.

You used to be very good. Get your act together!

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank CapeCodderRER
Wellfleet, Massachusetts
“50th Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

We visited for the first time tonight for our 50th wedding anniversary and were very happy we did. Excellent, attentive service and fine prix fixe dinners (rack of lamb for Sandy and duck confit for me). Good wine list did not disappoint by the glass. We own Oyster Cove B&B in Wellfleet and will definitely refer our guests to L'Alouette.

• Visited March 2013