“A gem that hasn't disappointed us yet.”
Review of L'Alouette

L'Alouette
Ranked #7 of 27 Restaurants in Harwich Port
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Renowned Local Chef Christian Schultz has reinvented L'Alouette as a comfortable, elegant restaurant serving Global Cuisine with fresh local ingredients. L'Alouette features and extensive menu and offers a $27 3 course prix fixe menu from mid October until May.
Harwich, Massachusetts
“A gem that hasn't disappointed us yet.”
Reviewed 4 April 2009

The overall experience was excellent. I loved the warm oyster appetizer - never had it prepared this way before. The rack of lamb was also perfectly prepared. The server was professional, recognized us as having been there before and greeted us warmly. We weren't rushed, and if fact, realized that we were the last to leave.

We've eaten here frequently and find it consistently fine.

Hanover, MA
“Don't know what”
Reviewed 10 March 2009

Was there this past weekend...Menu was slightly different from online, but was actually priced a bit lower....Food and service were just short of Excellent. My biggest disappointment was that they didn't have the beet salad I wanted.
Onion soup was very good and my wife's Mussels and my lamb were terrific. Service was good and I can't imagine how I would have made any suggestions to make the experience any better...
CAM FROM SOUTH SHORE

Boston, MA
“Avoid”
Reviewed 9 February 2009

Used to be a great restaurant until new people took over. Had a very poor experience Saturday night. All 3 entrees for us both came out lukewarm/cold, "diver" scallops were tiny and not diver,
mussles were meager and dry, and had to wait forever beteen courses. Not once did anyone ask how our meal was.
In this day with many restaurants crying for business - shame on them. Poor service and poor overpriced food doesn't cut it - especially in this environment. Sea Grille is still your best bet in the are. Never disappoints.

1 Thank KurtBoston_MA
Attleboro, MA
“BEWARE of the advertised menu”
Reviewed 1 September 2008

I would warn the reader to call the restaurant regarding the menu as the one on the website is over a year old and not accurate. On the old menu it had a couple "safe" meals for persons who might not like exotic french meals. They used to have a chicken dish as well as filet mignon. They no longer have those on the current menu , and for myself, and my daughter it lead to a shocking evening of only soup, salad and french fries at a whopping $30. This is not a child friendly restaurant for sure.

As for the food itself, I can only say, it was good the summer of 2007, but I really couldnt say for this year. My dining companions found it ok, though portions were small.

My advise to the restaurant of which we have frequented for about 5 or 6 seasons before last nights disaster, is to UPDATE YOUR WEBSITE and PLEASE have at least one chicken or beef dish that is more standard or safe for the more picky eater that is sure to occasionally accompany the gourmet eaters. The former owners surely understood that. What ever happened to Steak au Poivre????

Boston
“Wonderful dining, excellent service”
Reviewed 27 August 2008

Very nice in every way - we go frequently to L'Alouette. Get there around 6pm before the crowds and enjoy it even more. Wonderful food, excellent service, clean bathrooms, lovely understated decor, innovative menu. The desserts are superb. A wonderful experience in every way. Prices seem to have moderated a bit from the past when they got quite high. Don't bring the kids - it isn't a kid place.