“Loud and Local”

Price range: US$18 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are open for Dinner, Wednesday- Sunday, Open at 5pm. 5-630pm - $1 Oysters. Live Music Thurs, Fri, Sat Three Bars, Main, Rawbar, and Outside Bar
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

There were 3 of us for dinner tonight at The Port. When I made the reservation it was for their "dining room". We were seated in the bar area. It is very loud in here. You have to shout to the person sitting across from you. That makes for a long evening.

I found the service to be slow. We had to remind our waitress a few times for things and in the end, she completely forgot about our tea. She was pleasant enough and made sure we liked everything but not stellar enough service for the price.

Around the dessert course, about 20 people entered the bar area and started to encroach on our eating space. It became uncomfortable and annoying. There were people "hovering" for our table and as soon as we moved to get up, they threw purses down to claim the table. We had to track down the waitress for our bill so we could get outta there. Frustrating way to end an evening.

On a positive side, the food was delish. All 3 of us had halibut and it was cooked to perfection. The cocoanut rice was dreamy and spinach firm and tasty. However, our bill, with 3 entrees, 1 appetizer, 3 desserts and 3 bar drinks was $220. I consider that very expensive for the atmosphere and experience. I would recommend looking to The Cape Sea Grill for a similar excellent food selection but with a much quieter, more classy atmosphere.

1  Thank TracyZ19

Reviewed 22 June 2014

A florist in Provincetown recommended The Port to us as his favorite restaurant in Harwich Port. We decided to give it a try for dinner on a Tuesday evening. Since high season hadn't started yet, the restaurant was virtually empty. We were seated at a table by the window and promptly greeted by our waitress. While she was very pleasant, you could tell that she was still learning.

My friend and I split the grapefruit salad. It was very good, and I don't like grapefruit. I had the fish tacos and my friend had a shrimp and pasta dish. We were both very pleased. I disagree completely with an earlier reviewer who didn't like the fish tacos. The only thing that I didn't eat was the "shell". And, that was simply because I would have been too full. Everything was fresh and tasty.

We would definitely go back.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were staying in Harwich Port and went here on my grandson's (17 yrs. old) suggestion. He had never tried oysters on the half shell so we thought this would be a good first experience since they had a special on them. The service was excellent and the oyster were off the charts for freshness. I ordered the Grapefruit Salad and I have to say, it was one of the best things I have ever eaten. We will definitely go back again when we are in the area.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We love The Port and visit often throughout the summer.....food is always good and service is enthusiastic.....This is upscale for Cape Cod and we really enjoy it...The bar is lovely and $1 oysters are always fresh...we wish their menu was larger, but we keep coming back. Be assured that you will have a nice dining experience with fresh food prepared well.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stopped here with a friend for drinks. Nice bar set-up with good service. Ordered the grilled pizza special which turned out to be "breakfast" pizza. Very tasty! Nice atmosphere and friendly people,