“Expensive but Enjoyable”

Price range: US$18 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are open for Dinner, Wednesday- Sunday, Open at 5pm. 5-630pm - $1 Oysters. Live Music Thurs, Fri, Sat Three Bars, Main, Rawbar, and Outside Bar
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The Port restaurant is at a price point that creates high expectations. We dined on a weeknight, in season and the restaurant was half filled. The black chairs and ceiling tiles are offset by earth tones and recessed lighting throughout, creating a warm atmosphere. We enjoyed our wine and the soft bread loaf that began our meal. A calamari appetizer was good - not spectacular. My wife ordered the quesadilla appetizer as an entree and liked it a lot. I had the pepper encrusted swordfish, an excellent dish and nicely presented. The mild taste of the fish blended beautifully with the kick from the pepper and the accompanying guacamole. Service was good with a few minor slips. Our server recited a long list of specials but gave no prices, forcing us to ask, if interested or just guess (remember, this is an expensive place). She failed to remove the finished calamari plate (tables for two are small) before the entrees arrived. Overall, we enjoyed our meal and will return, perhaps after the summer season when things (and prices) calm down.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My most recent dinner was not up to par. Lobster Gilanio had over cooked seafood and smelled fishy like old fish. The bread/roll served before the meal was under cooked. I had to walk past a sea of smoke on the back walk way to get in side. This ice cream was very good but server brought check before i was done. I will not go back any time soon. They do have off street parking.

6  Thank Nancy T
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

At the port the food is terrible and way over priced, a plate of pasta with red sauce... $17.00 that is outrageous! I could buy 20 boxes of pasta worth $17. The only reason to go here is the atmosphere it is very cool and "beachy" finally unless you are getting a drink at the bar don't go here!!!

9  Thank Tyler51602
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

There were 3 of us for dinner tonight at The Port. When I made the reservation it was for their "dining room". We were seated in the bar area. It is very loud in here. You have to shout to the person sitting across from you. That makes for a long evening.

I found the service to be slow. We had to remind our waitress a few times for things and in the end, she completely forgot about our tea. She was pleasant enough and made sure we liked everything but not stellar enough service for the price.

Around the dessert course, about 20 people entered the bar area and started to encroach on our eating space. It became uncomfortable and annoying. There were people "hovering" for our table and as soon as we moved to get up, they threw purses down to claim the table. We had to track down the waitress for our bill so we could get outta there. Frustrating way to end an evening.

On a positive side, the food was delish. All 3 of us had halibut and it was cooked to perfection. The cocoanut rice was dreamy and spinach firm and tasty. However, our bill, with 3 entrees, 1 appetizer, 3 desserts and 3 bar drinks was $220. I consider that very expensive for the atmosphere and experience. I would recommend looking to The Cape Sea Grill for a similar excellent food selection but with a much quieter, more classy atmosphere.

1  Thank TracyZ19
Reviewed 22 June 2014

A florist in Provincetown recommended The Port to us as his favorite restaurant in Harwich Port. We decided to give it a try for dinner on a Tuesday evening. Since high season hadn't started yet, the restaurant was virtually empty. We were seated at a table by the window and promptly greeted by our waitress. While she was very pleasant, you could tell that she was still learning.

My friend and I split the grapefruit salad. It was very good, and I don't like grapefruit. I had the fish tacos and my friend had a shrimp and pasta dish. We were both very pleased. I disagree completely with an earlier reviewer who didn't like the fish tacos. The only thing that I didn't eat was the "shell". And, that was simply because I would have been too full. Everything was fresh and tasty.

We would definitely go back.