“friendly service”

George's Place Fish Market
Ranked #8 of 28 Restaurants in Harwich Port
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Grill
Description: Owners Scott and Linda Kelley of Chatham and their staff are "local people providing local seafood!" We offer classic seafood meals, including lobster rolls, baked stuffed lobsters, and chowders. Our homemade items can be called in and made to order. Picnic outside seating
Reviewed 13 August 2014

they cook the lobster and clams and crabs for you. just pick it up bring it home and eat it. always perfect. I have used them several times. always clean and good fresh local fish to bring home and cook the way you like it. Off street parking out front

2  Thank Nancy T

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The one thing we had not yet had on the Cape was a lobster roll. It simply was not possible to leave without that very Cape meal. We stopped at this fish market which sells them to go and took them home for a lovely evening meal on the patio with friends. A nice good-bye. They were excellent, served on a croissant which we found a real plus. Loads of lobdster meat, hooray.

2  Thank zullsandraf
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Love getting lobsters from George's, which they will steam and crack for you upon request (need to order in advance though). They also have great chowders. Everything has always been very fresh and high quality.

3  Thank TLHM
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I love take-out lobster. The price is right. Yesterday a 1 1|4 pound lobster was $11. At Georges, call early, or you will find yourself in the back of a long line. I discipline myself to call by 9:00-9:30 for lunchtime. They will be happy to steam it and crack/split it.

It is always ready and delicious. Easy eating!

4  Thank Jane S
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Overpriced and their quality has definitely gone down. You can do just as well in a supermarket on both counts. Every time I've been here in the past two years, have been disappointed in the freshness of the fish (cod) and they are out of stock from time to time on mussels.

1  Thank Mike P
saskuk, Owner at George's Place Fish Market, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2015

Mike,
Thank you for taking the time to review our business. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

I apologize if we were out of mussels during your visit. Some local seafood we stock is seasonal and can be unattainable in some weather situations. I have addressed the other concerns with our staff.

Mike, If you come back to our restaurant I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Linda Kelley