“Bradford Ski area”

Ski Bradford
Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Haverhill
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Downhill Ski Area, with 9 Lifts, Terrain Park, 100 % Snow Making, 100% Lighting for Night Skiing, Rental Shop , Lesson Programs, and Cafeteria,
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Small hill but perfect for beginners. Two of my three kids learned to ski as children. They have a great program

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"folks"
"exercise"

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Three of my children learned how to ski and snowboard here. They have great teachers and it is a small enough hill that the kids could get many runs in to help hone their new found skills.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is a nice location for nearby skiing. Without having to drive for hours up into the mountains!!
Nice staff!!

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Nice place to go with out having to drive for hours. Just enough to get a few runs down the hill. Friendly staff. A bit out of the way but nice to have close by.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 January 2013

My son and I learned to ski at Ski Bradford three years ago and went back again with my husband twice this Christmas. It is an excellent place to learn, whether you are an adult or a child. Learning to ski was the idea of my son, who was six at the time and I was not enthusiastic because I tend to be rather unco-ordinated and middle-aged. Still, after two lessons several years ago and one this time around (alas, no skiing in the middle), I am very comfortable with green slopes and lifts, while my son could whiz down most of the Ski Bradford slopes fairly easily. There is a wide range of different types of lifts at Ski Bradford, which is good preparation for other places. The learner slope was very well groomed.

We were very fortunate in having time off when the local schools were in session. The slopes at Ski Bradford are very quiet until the school buses turn up (afterwards the place is still enjoyable, but it is very nice as a learner to feel like you have a whole slope to yourself). Also, at least in early January, it gets colder and darker at about that time as the sun sets behind the hill

This time around, we signed up for a group lesson at 11:00 and because we were all at different levels and nobody else at our levels showed up, we each ended up with a private lesson. The person who signed us up for lessons was very careful not to put us in over our heads and we have always found the ski instructors to be great.

The one thing I noticed this time is that there seemed to be quite a few more parents trying to teach their children to ski, with the child usually ending up really exasperated. I thought that maybe it was the recession, but if it is because Ski Bradford got rid of the 1pm group, perhaps they should bring it back, since it made the learner's area generally less fun.

Some pointers: 1) Leave at least a half an hour between arriving and any lesson time. We arrived just a bit too late one day to have time to rent, which is unfortunate since we find that we don't make much progress without lessons. 2) You might want to bring some snacks, since skiing builds up the appetite and the food was a bit pricey, particularly the vending machines. The pizza was brilliant, though. 3) The colors at Ski Bradford are useful for knowing which runs are more and less difficult, but don't necessarily match up with other places. My son could do the blues easily at Bradford, but struggled at Butternut.

1  Thank Courgette2