“Perfect for a night's stop” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn Haverhill
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Haverhill
GreenLeadersBronze level
Quebec City, Canada
“Perfect for a night's stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

A friend and I stayed over for one night prior to a race that was taking place near the hotel. The room had a good size, was very clean and looked quite nice. It was just what I remembered from other Hampton Inns and was up to my expectations. However, I must say it seems to me a little expensive for it's location... The included breakfast is always a plus and is quite good. Only negative point, we asked for a late check out and it really seemed complicated to get an answer when we asked. They told us they would be able to confirm in the morning by 8am, however we had to leave by 7am for the race... However, in the morning, the front desk staff was different and they confirmed it was ok.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jim K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Haverhill, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our Hotel. I am pleased to know that you found the Hotel to be a good fit for your needs and that you and that you enjoyed your stay...We do our best to honor late checkout requests in balance with those that request an early check-in that same day...I am glad were were able to accomodate your request..We do hope you visit us again if you are in the area……We all truly enjoy making our guests stay as enjoyable and memorable as we have yours.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

While it's not a Marriott, Hilton or Hyatt, the rooms are comfortable, large, clean and well appointed. The free breakfast is edible and convenient. While I didn't have time to use it, they do have an indoor pool and some work out equipment that looked to be in good shape. I was amused by the "post-it note" left on the headboard, "the sheets and duvet cover are clean". The lobby and public areas are what you'd expect from a higher end budget property. The staff was mostly very friendly and competent. I can confirm what another reviewer suggested, make sure your room key card is programmed when you check in. I had to go back to the desk to have one of mine reprogrammed. I thought $139 a night was a little high for the area but there aren't many choices.

Room Tip: We specified a no pet room. I always do when I see a hotel allows pets.
Green Features: Never a concern of mine when I travel. I want an endless supply of clean towels, clean sheets and 71 degrees when I walk into the room. How that happens isn't my concern.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for writing your review here...We value each and every guests comments..We are pleased to know you enjoyed our Hotel. We are part of the Hilton family of Hotels and we pride ourselves on upholding thier fine standards...All of our staff continually make it their goal to have each guest walk away with a positive and memorable experience...We are very sensitive with our rates based on availability and the season. Our Hotel continues to offer the best value in the area with the added amenities that are not provided by the other Hotels that are priced higher...
Thank you for choosing us and we hope you will stay with us again in the future!!!
Ashland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Warm, friendly, and very welcoming My wife and I were on our way to York, Maine to visit our daughter and son-in-law and after traveling for seven hours we were needing a clean, comfortable spot to lay our heads. We have always enjoyed our stays at Hampton Inns so when we saw the friendly sign we decided it was time to get off the road and out of the rain and enjoy a good nights rest at a Hampton. The sleep was good and the breakfast was outstanding. We enjoyed fresh fruit, a hot waffle, and hot oat meal.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for such wonderful accolades about our Hotel…My entire staff will love seeing this…We all work very hard to make each and every guests stay a pleasant experience…We are glad you continue to make Hapnton Inns your preference…This makes such a huge impact on knowing that we are doing a good job…Thank you again and hope to have you back again soon!!!
rindge, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

great hotel be sure to have them code your room cards at the front desk BEFORE you depart for your room, unless you want the exercise walking back down to the front desk. Other than that very nice rooms clean bathrooms quite experience even tho located very near super hi-way

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Warren H
Thank you for taking your valued time to write about your visit here at The Hampton Inn Haverhill. We truly value every guest’s opinion and we are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. The entire staff works very hard in providing our guests a positive and memorable experience. We are so glad you chose us when visiting the area and we hope you stay with us again when you are back...
Denver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is my 3rd review of this hotel. We stay here with our kids several times a year. Up to the last visit, I've been very pleased with this hotel. This time around it seemed things were slipping.

The day before we arrived, my husband called to confirm the reservation - 2 queens in a non-pet room. He made it clear it was a specific request for a non-pet room. We were initially given a first floor room - those are the pet rooms. We immediately had it corrected, but the front desk staff made it clear they did not like putting us in another room. It was weird because the front desk staff at this hotel is usually very nice and helpful.

The hotel was clean enough, but the overall feel was not as clean as it has been in the past. I guess I noticed it because we stay here so much. One day only one bed was made up and the other one was left unmade. The hallways carpets were always in need of a vacuuming. The elevators were dirty and scuffed up. One of our duvet covers was showing its age. It had a vibe that they were slipping back into the cleaning/maintaining mode from when it was the old Comfort Suites. Little details that add up were being missed.

Also the hotel was noisy! There were people doing laundry up until 2:00 a.m., even though the laundry room closes at midnight. I know this because we could hear their room door slamming every time they opened it. Another night they had an unexpected bus group show up very late and we all heard them in the hallways and enter the rooms (again, the slamming doors). There was another time with teenagers in the hallway laughing and talking loud late at night.

We'll be back, I just hope they were having a bad week.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank K-KShil
Jim K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Haverhill, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
...My sincere apologies for your recent stay with us...I can see that you have stayed here frequently and indeed you were here during a very busy time. Please be assured that we continually maintain the property to very high standards. I am sorry for the additional noise from the group that had checked in so late…Our groups are booked in advance and typically don’t show up at such a late hour and I am truly sorry that they created a disturbance for you as did the guests using the Laundry facility at such a late hour..Please know we will make every effort to impress you with our Hotel the next time we have you back with us …
Wilbraham, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The staff was superior. They were always responsive. The breakfast program is a wonderful value and convenience. We were a large group and you folks made our wedding activity move right along. Great job.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello from The Hampton Inn Haverhill…I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time here while in the area. It’s always a good feeling to know that we have met or exceeded the expectations of our guests and that you found our Hotel to be a great value. We hope your friends and or family that were here with us as well enjoyed the Wedding…It was our pleasure to be able to make your stay a memorable experience…I hope we see you back again.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Very nice hotel. Comfortable room with all of the typical amenities. Staff was very helpful and polite. Pool was tiny and shallow. It's unfortunate that this is what hotels pools have become.

The location is a bit tucked away and it takes a few twists and turns to get to it, but it's very close to the highway.

Overall, enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jim K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Haverhill, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you so much for writing your review here...We value each and every guests comments..We are pleased to know you enjoyed our Hotel and all of our staff continually make it their goal to have each guest walk away with a positive and memorable experience...We are very sensitive with our rates based on availability and the season. Our Hotel continues to offer the best value in the area and the added amenities that are not provided by the other Hotels...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haverhill
Best Western Merrimack Valley
Park View Inn Inc.
Park View Inn Inc.
#1 of 4 in Salem
Sonesta ES Suites Andover
Red Roof Inn Salem
Red Roof Inn Salem
#3 of 4 in Salem
Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover

Been to Hampton Inn Haverhill? Share your experiences!