“Step into Ireland”
Review of The Snug

The Snug
Ranked #9 of 74 Restaurants in Hingham
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Great spot in downtown Hingham- it has a small bar, maybe 10 seats? and a handful of tables. They have a great selection of Irish beers along with other local, domestic and unique brews. Food is also fantastic. If you like reubens, get one here! Shepards pie and fish and chips are 2 other staples that are perfect and you just can't go wrong. The chili (add onions and cheese!) is another serious winner. They offer live irish music on some nights (Monday I believe). Hingham can be a bit stuffy, but when you're at the Snug you feel like you're sitting in a local pub in Ireland!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My friend has been raving about the Snug forever and the outrageous steak tips. My friend Joyce and I were out shopping in Hingham and decided to try the place out. It is as if you were back in Ireland in a neighborhood pub. So quaint. The Bartender/Waitperson was just lovely. She did a great job of managing the bar and waiting tables. We started with the salted pretzels, they are a must and throw the carbs to the wind and enjoy. We were trying to be good so opted for the Cobb salad's with blue cheese dressing (is that being good?) so fresh and delicious. They made a nice gin and tonic and the sauvignon blanc was refreshing after all that shopping. All the food that was going by looked so inviting we are planning on bringing the husbands for the steak tips.
Great pub, thanks for being close by.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed my meal in the small, but cute restaurant. I started with a cup of clam chowder. What a treat!!! It was full of clams, potatoes, and even bacon. It was probably the best clam chowder I've had. Next came a turkey wrap. It arrived full of turkey, cheese, and bacon and came with French fries. I couldn't even finish. There was so much on my plate. My brother had a cheese burger that he said was really good.
The restaurant is nothing special in its décor, but it makes up for it with delicious food. I'll definitely go back.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

,We went to The Snug today located in Hingham MA and was very pleased with our meals. Because it was after the lunch hour seating was available. My husband had the individual Chicken Pot pie which he was very satisfied with. My daughter had the Grilled Chicken Veggie Wrap which was ample and delicious according to her. I had the grilled Rachel which is thinly sliced Turkey topped with Cole Slaw/Swiss Cheese and Russian dressing on grilled pumpernickel bread this came with fries. The beverage was iced Tea which was refreshing. The waitress was very cordial and friendly along with great service. There are separate bathrooms for both the ladies and gentlmen..There is also a bar which serves the traditional Guinness along with other craft beers. They have three tvs located at different parts of the establishment. They also offer local entertainment. This is the place to visit for a great time not only for the food and drink but the down to earth atmosphere...

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

A taste of the UK in Hingham, MA!!!
CoZy, cute and fun, the food is simple and yummy and we had a great time here! I was with my 20 something sons and they both enjoyed the beer on tap! Fun and good for true comfort food!!!

1  Thank Lindasnorm