“It's about the bar pizza”
Review of Liberty Grille

Liberty Grille
Ranked #49 of 71 Restaurants in Hingham
Cuisines: American
Boston, Massachusetts
“It's about the bar pizza”
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visit this place once every two months or so. It definitely has a locals crowd, which seems to be an eclectic mix from the nearby towns.

The restaurant is situated in a cool, old building right near the harbor. The decor could use some updating as it appears old and dusty.

I really don't order anything besides the bar pizzas at this place, which are very good. The pizza and the unique experience is what keeps us coming back. It's worth a visit to check it out.

Newark, Vermont
“Food is Awesome”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This place looks like it's been around forever. I went in around 2pm on a Friday afternoon and the place was hoppin' ! I had about a 5 to 7 min wait for a table; there is a small bar but all seats were taken. The downstairs dining room is about 8 tables and there is seating upstairs as well. The waitress and bartender couldn't have been nicer or more attentive; apologizing for the wait and checking to see if I was in a hurry. I was not. I ordered a Jack & Ginger from the bar and a cup of clam chowder to start. The drink was delicious! Poured a bit on the heavy side like I like it. The chowder was the thick, creamy kind with nice chunks of clams. Very tasty. I had the scallop roll which came with fries and coleslaw. The scallops were incredibly fresh, lightly battered and deep fried. The hot dog roll could have been grilled a bit moreas it had very little color on it. I ate the scallops out of the roll and left the bread behind. The Scallops were absolutely delicious! Even better were the slaw and fries! The coleslaw was also incredibly fresh and very mild in flavor; not overly twangy or mayonnaisey; the perfect blend. I don't know what they cook the fries in but they were crispy on the outside and soft on the inside and had an amazing flavor. No salt or ketchup required! Overall my experience here was good and I'd go back again. I do recommend this restaurant if you're in the area.

• Visited October 2013
Hull, Massachusetts, United States
“HORRIBLE SERVICE”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The most rude waitress I have ever encountered !!!! Never did stay to eat or drink the drinks ordered.. Will never go in that establishment again. Smiles go a long way Miss Nasty

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Jeannie M
Boston, Massachusetts
“We love this place - best consistently fresh fish”
Reviewed 27 April 2013

This place has the best consistently very fresh fish we've found yet in greater Boston. Yes, we think it's better than Legal. My wife and I are easygoing but have very high standards for seafood - it HAS to be very fresh. There's a big difference between just-off-the-boat and week-old. So far, we've been very pleased with Liberty Grille the many times we've eaten here. We also like the side dishes and drinks. And we really like the vibe, it's very comfortable. Don't expect "quaint." Here it's more like the old Boston Durgin Park used to be before it got to be an "icon" - real food, good food and real people too.

• Visited April 2013
“Poor service and fair food”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

My husband and I were visiting family in Hingham. We were prepared to be delighted; it's such an interesting old building near the harbor. We liked the light, bright atmosphere when we walked in. However, we had one of the least engaged servers I have seen in a long time. The food was plentiful but just okay . The chicken parmigiana generous and quite good but the pasta was soggy. I had mussels, actually nicely done, but floating in a sea of margarine. I don't believe we will try Liberty Grille again.

• Visited March 2013