“Very nice patio with a view and good food”
Review of Greenside Grille

Greenside Grille
Ranked #32 of 76 Restaurants in Hingham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: It's located inside the South Shore Country Club
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Had dinner there recently after a round of golf. made reservations with no problem. Sat outside as it was a great evening. The place was very crowded outside, not as much inside(the place smelled musty).Service was decent,not great by any standards,quite slow at greeting and checking up.The Steak Frite was cooked perfect,lacking some flavor,but good.The frites were very good. Good value for the price and serving. The stuffed haddock was very good as everyone else had that. Will definitely come back. The pricing is a good value for the quality of the food. Hopefully, the inside gets some attention for the odor.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Tried this as a groupon and was not holding out high hopes as it is on golf course. Food was excellent. I had steak frittes and the hanger steak was prepared to my liking and the rosemary fries were light and crispy. My wife had scallops with short rib raviolis and she loved them. We even splurged on dessert and had turtle cheesecake. Wow is all I can say. A nice added touch was the individual coffee pots with fresh coffee. The wait service was attentive and was spoke of the new menu a few times. I will definitely be back

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

At first I wasn't sure about this place due to it being in a country club I'm case it might be bar food and not real meals, boy was I wrong! Amazing food, super friendly wait staff and a great atmosphere, the dinner menu is a little pricey but the lunch menu is especially great. The chicken and broccoli Alfredo is to die for! ❤️❤️

Reviewed 25 September 2013

This restaurant is located at the South Shore Country Club. Recently we had a 90th birthday party for my Mom and they did a spectacular job. Everything was perfect. I don't know if the same people run the Grille as run the function, but there was a distinct difference. First off, the table we sat at had to be cleaned off. We had to ask. Then we were told that there were not beef tips which was the main ingredient of two of the dishes. I ordered the chicken piccatta as did the other woman in our foursome. It was ok. no side dish with it, just the pasta. My husband ordered Cod and he thought it was excellent. Fish was fresh and crust was very tasty, French fries were crispy and hot. He says he would give his meal a 5 out of 5. The other gentleman ordered Sausage with penne. He said there was hardly any sausage. They served hot rolls that tasted like they were day old bread. We told our waitress who kindly brought us some fresh rolls and they were excellent. Maybe we just came on a bad night as I have gone there before and it was much better. The place has a beautiful view of the golf course and has a bar with tv's. I would go there again, but this visit wasn't the best. Not terrible, but not good, either.

2  Thank Carol565
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I used a Groupon for a Sunday night meal at this restaurant. I took a guest who likes to order duck dishes that are usually disappointing and this was no exception. I love seafood so I ordered the mussels with garlic and white wine which was wonderful. The mussels were small, sweet and cooked just right. The wine, garlic sauce was to die for and I had to force myself to stop sopping it up with the excellent bread that came with it. A huge dish of the mussels was $10.00, a bargain for a dinner sized portion. I also ordered Shrimp 3 Ways and this was quite good as well, but I was so full from the mussels that I could barely eat this lovely plate.

I can't speak for other items on the menu, but I would certainly recommend the shrimp and even more the mussels.

The dining room in the winter and at night was grim, gray and austere. and not cozy. I'm sure that by the windows overlooking the golf course in the summer, it is a lovely spot.

I'd go there any time for the two dishes I had. They were so good I'd hate to try anything else.

1  Thank CNims