“Great People, Great Food, Great Time”
Review of Tosca

Tosca
Reserve with OpenTable
Tosca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Hingham
Price range: US$21 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mill Street
Transit: Bus station also located behind the restaurant.
Description: Tosca is the flagship restaurant of Eat Well Inc. Open for dinner only, Tosca is located on historic Hingham Harbor and offers creative regional Italian cuisine focusing on fresh New England flavors and local, seasonal ingredients. Constructed in the 1910 Granary Marketplace building, the award-winning restaurant boasts a theatrical setting with exposed brick, imported tiles, mahogany woods, and an open kitchen from which executive chef Kevin Long takes center stage.
Bartlett, New Hampshire
“Great People, Great Food, Great Time”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

On a day, Easter Sunday, when delays and overcrowding are often the norm at upscale restaurants, none of that was to be found at Tosca. From the moment we arrived, early at that, to the moment we left, we were treated as if we were special. It appeared that all their guests received the same attention & treatment. The Bartender, Alicia, was friendly and she made super drinks! Chris the manager made certain that everything was running smoothly and on time on this busy day. Needless to say, the food and service were outstanding. Kudos to Tosca's, they deserve it!

• Visited April 2014

Pieve di Cento, Italy
“La Tosca is an Italian opera, this is not an italian restaurant”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The restaurant is elegant, expensive and not without fashion. We were a party f 5 and got seated ride away without a reservation. The kitchen is visible from the counter, it is entertaining and always a good sign that they have nothing to hide. Overall I liked it, but from the restaurant ranked first in Hingham I would have expected more. The service was slow, fine if you are a couple in love, but 4 adults with a small baby may not want to wait 15 minutes to place the order. The wine selection is expensive, but excellent. I ate the best oysters in my life, found strange that they arrived already seasoned with the condiment, but it was good and not overpowering. Also excellent the tartare and the scallops. The pasta with wild bore was to forget. Being true Italian first I would have used pappardelle and not a short pasta, then absolutely no cheese on wild game!!!! PLEASE TELL THE COOK !
Just one last comment...please don't mix the name of a great composer like Giacomo Puccini author of La Tosca with an american invention like pizza with prosciutto and fig marmalade...I think he must be turning in his grave!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Gi049
Hingham, Massachusetts
“Great People serving great food”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stop in Last night as a guest to honor Tosca's 21 Anniversary. Staff was as always very gracious and the food was fabulous. Hard to find this kind of place.

• Visited March 2014
greater boston area
“Superb Service and Excellent Food!!!”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I had made reservations for 6 people to celebrate the engagement of my niece and her fiancé. Knowing that this was a special dinner the entire staff made this a memorable and extra special event. Robin, our waitress (who, BTW, we will ask for every time we dine at Tosca because she is outstanding !!!) helped me make the table extra decorative. The meals were so delicious...everyone in our party was thrilled. The pastry chef was thoughtful to write a special congratulatory message in chocolate on the dessert plate that my niece and fiancé shared. What a surprise!!!! The extra care they gave us while there was so much more than I'd expect. The entire experience was perfect from drinks, dinner, dessert and service. I couldn't find any aspect of this experience that wasn't fabulous. I highly recommend Tosca and it is my new favorite Italian restaurant. We will definitely be back very soon!!!

• Visited February 2014
Newton, Massachusetts
“Delicious! Every bite was awesome”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

From the bread with the marinara dip, to the fried artichokes, ravioli and the braised beef, every bite I had at Tosca the other night was fantastic. Great winter comfort food. Our server was fine, nothing special, but attentive enough. We were seated right away, and unlike the other comments, I didn't notice that it was particularly noisy. The only complaint is that parking is very limited.

• Visited February 2014