“Really Really Good Ice Cream in an Allergen Friendly Environment!”
Review of Nona's Homemade

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nona's Homemade
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Hingham
Price range: US$1 - US$20
London, United Kingdom
“Really Really Good Ice Cream in an Allergen Friendly Environment!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My kids have had ice-cream here many times since we moved to Hingham a year ago. The ice-cream truck apparently makes regular stops are parties and sport events. They finally dragged me in the other day and I am hooked. Great flavors, great choices, classic ice cream shop - none of that fancy stone slab, frozen yogurt, etc... both my kids have some food allergies, and Nona's keeps all the nut ice-creams in a different case with different scoops. How awesome is that! The only let down was the choc malt... there wasn't enough malt.

• Visited July 2013

Massachusetts
“Awesome homemade ice cream!”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Found Nona's on our way through Hingham. So glad we did!
The ice cream was so delicious! Very creamy and lots of great flavors to choose from. We had a difficult time deciding which ones to choose.

We had hot fudge sundaes and enjoyed every bite. The fudge was think and rich.
A medium sundae had two generous scoops and was filled to the rim with fudge and whipped cream.

The shop is small, with just a few tables and counters. The servers were friendly and worked quickly scooping ice cream for the line of customers that just kept coming in.

This is definitely a place that locals visit often, and we saw a family come in for quarts to take home. Of course they had to get cones for the kids while they were there, and the enjoyment on their faces was enough to let me know I was going to enjoy mine also!

We can't wait to go back on our next visit to Hingham so we can try other flavors.

• Visited June 2013
Norwell, Massachusetts
“Specialty icecream is the best”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Hingham Harbor Sludge and Hurricane Madelyn are amazing. Glad I don't live too close or I would be there all the time. If you are adventurous try one of the homemade concoctions. They are amazing and you won't find them anywhere else.

Visited November 2012
Cohasset, Massachusetts
“not a good experience - Scituate”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I'm not sure why the Scituate location isn't on here for review??
I must say I was highly disappointed. I had heard a lot of talk about Nonas and must say I was pretty excited to try it out. Its not worth the money at all!! The portions are so so small. The ice cream is just okay its average not sure what all the hype is about. I am a big fan of ice. Cream
, frozen yogurt. I am not 200 pounds I should be but not :) with all the ice Cream I have eaten over the years.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jenny R
Boston, Massachusetts
“Always a good product”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

We've been several times and always happy with the quality of the ice cream. Service efficiency could always improve during busy times, add another person or train young adults to put more focus into it, but overall, no complaints.

Visited October 2012