“The best!”

Nona's Homemade
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Hingham
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Nona's has the best ice cream around. Their flavors are delicious and it does not matter what you get it is terrific. The portions are huge and the servers are very friendly. It is a perfect summer stop.

1  Thank Marilyn S

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Salted Scituate was delicious. If you're really lucky they will have Hingham Sludge, but it isn't available all the time.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Nona's makes some great homemade ice cream, Lots of flavors, many originals. If your in town you should give it a try.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Several friends who know I love good ice cream told me about Nona's in Hingham, and since it was National Ice Cream Day, I thought I should celebrate. I'm glad I did, because Nona's turned out to be one of the best home-made ice cream places I've visited. My husband joined me-- he's not as big a fan of ice cream as I am, but his reaction was similar to mine-- this ice cream is outstanding. He had toasted coconut, and found that it was not only flavorful and rich but you could actually taste real pieces of coconut throughout. I had coffee heath and had the same experience -- deeply flavorful, creamy, big pieces of heath candy all through the ice cream. I also had a scoop of mint oreo and my husband tried summer swirl (a special flavor with strawberry and blueberry swirls)-- equally impressive, and further proof that Nona's does not skimp on ingredients. He and I both are convinced that this is a place we need to visit again, sooner rather than later. Prices were surprisingly reasonable for such gourmet ice cream, and service was friendly. It's a small shop, with a few seats, so be prepared to take your ice cream to go. There's on-street parking, but the area is quite popular with tourists, so you may find some days are easier than others for finding a space. If you aren't familiar with the area, it's not that far from Boston or Quincy: route 3A will get you there, and it's located in a lovely part of the South Shore. If you like interesting flavors that you might not find elsewhere, Nona's has what you are seeking. At the risk of repeating myself, this was absolutely some of the best ice cream I have ever had!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stopped here on the way home from a movie on a Saturday afternoon. The ice cream was delicious. It was a beautiful day and we could sit outside and enjoy the New England charm of Hingham. The price was also a lot more reasonable than some of the designer chains in the area.