“Amazing Childrens Menu”

Burton's Grill of Hingham
Ranked #5 of 73 Restaurants in Hingham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in The Derby Street Shoppes on Hingham's Route 53 (exit 15 off of Rte 3), Burtons Grill - Hingham is ideal for shoppers and locals, for power lunching or socialising after work. Celebrate something special or enjoy fine wine with appetisers in the beautiful bar and lounge area. A seasonal outdoor patio is the ideal escape from the office, late afternoon cocktails or a relaxing dinner with friends. Presenting contemporary American cuisine, Culinary Director Denise Baron has created an enticing selection that bridges both flavour and presentation. Burtons' menus cover crisp salads, hearty sandwiches and juicy burgers to aged beef served with seasoned butters and sauces. Baron and her staff make sure to showcase New England seafood and the superior quality of Niman Ranch pork. Whether stopping for a light pasta, celebrating a special anniversary with seafood and chardonnay, or meeting friends for a drink, Burtons will delight you.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I took our 4 and 6 year old children here for dinner on Saturday. Our server, Libby, was friendly and wonderful. Burtons has several menus, a regular menu, a vegetarian menu and a childrens menu. The childrens menu is so well thought out and healthy!! Both kids loved their meals and it was nice to be able to take them out and let them pick from their own menu things other than chicken fingers and pizza. One of them got steak and fresh fruit and veggies and the other got pasta and fresh fruit and veggies. The kids meals are only $7 and they got delicious chocolate frozen yogurt for dessert. My husband and I both got a pasta dish. Very good!! We will definitely be going back!

2  Thank BeanieZ

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have eaten here in the past when I visit my family in Mass. This time we had lunch and it was awesome. Our server Lisa was very pleasant & made some great suggestions for wine to go with our meal.
She was right on,loved it and will definitely be back,thanks Lisa

1  Thank Cecelia K
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Recently i had dinner with my wife at Burton's in Hingham,MA. I had the MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN RISOTTO. It sounded great on the menu with roasted tomatoes and pan seared chicken. The tomatoes were round cherry tomatoes like you buy at the supermarket and the chicken was so dry i couldn't eat it. My wife had the cod Imperial and loved it. I will say the wait staff and the management could not have been nicer. My wife said I should have sent it back but i figured any one that uses cherry tomatoes and calls them roasted tomatoes I was done for the night.

1  Thank Rick L
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We eat here periodically and it is always consistently good, with generous portions and excellent quality and food prep. Nothing to complain about except the noise level, when seated near the bar is pretty poor. Try and get a booth on the opposite side of the restaurant from the bar is all I can advise.

2  Thank Laurie B
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and I found ourselves free of our children and as we had an appointment at Apple, we decided to hang out at the Derby Street Shops. As we walked into Apple, we both remarked about how good the smell of steak was (and I don't eat meat so go figure that one). As my phone was being fixed we talked to the tech and she suggested that we go next door to Burtons, so we did! It was a little early, 5:30 or so and therefore there was no line. We started off our meal with the calamari appetizer. It was very tasty, just the right amount of hot peppers for me but also not too greasy from the frying. My one complaint was that the tentacles were way overcooked, mostly because they were so small. We only had a few so that really wasn't a big issue. We did need to get more sauce as the small cup was not nearly enough for the mound of calamari! For dinner, I had the scallops with corn. It was very good, and they accommodated me by adding more jalapeños. My husband had the steak sandwich and considering that he didn't talk at all through dinner, he must have loved it! All in all, the meal was very good. I didn't realize that this was a chain until I read the other reviews. Not chain-like at all! The wine list was pretty extensive as was the cocktail list. The waitstaff and hostess were very pleasant. All in all it was a very nice meal and I am looking forward to going back.

1  Thank gigicape