The Inn at Restful Paws
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Holland
See available hotels
Economy Lodge(Fiskdale)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2009

Its a gorgeous country setting with well groomed trails through the forest where one can truly have fun with their pets. Fresh well water with bowls is provided along the trail. Plenty of room for exercise. THE INN is absolutely tops. The rooms are decorated with style. The bedding is rich and the comfort is grand.At the foot of the bed you will find a luxurious doggy bed and doggy throw. Bowls are furnished for your pets food and water.Your pet receives a treat for breakfast with their name on it. Adjacent to the rooms you will find the Gathering Room which has a very nice dining area,cozy fire place setting area, a small library, TV area, and a refrigerator filled with tasty snacks. Microwave and very fine CHINA is also available. A phone is also in the Gathering Room to contact the INN KEEPERS when needed. THE INN KEEPERS know what they are doing! In short, first class service with a smile. They know how to make you feel at home.
Oh and if you want to go out on the town-they also provide pet setting. A DOG SWIMMING POOL IS AVAULABLE. AN EXCELLENT CHOICE. Wolfgang Doerre and Doug Hall Oberursel Germany

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2009

My wife and I along with our 3 dogs (and 1 cat!) have been staying at Restful Paws for the past four years and each time we've always been impressed with the service and accommodations. The Korny family have always made sure to take care of our needs and the needs of our pets. Every single night we've been there, they've put our needs first and they've taken care of our pets with great care. Our dogs love being here. You can see how they enjoy the nature trails and they're very comfortable with the staff. Wholeheartedly and without reservation I recommend staying at this place if you're looking to visit the Sturbridge area with your pets.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2009

I've stayed at Restful Paws twice so far with my dog, who also loves it. The innkeepers - the Korny family - make it more than just a pleasant bed and breakfast. Their friendliness and warmth makes it feel like visiting family. The well appointed rooms, beautiful grounds (including more than a mile of walking trails) and common rooms provide the space and amenities to unwind. To top it off, the food is terrific - including the daily treats for my dog. I think of Restful Paws as my country home that I will visit as often as I can when I need to relax in a beautiful setting.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2009

this is our second trip to RP, and it was just as lovely and enjoyable as the first time. We brought our 8 month old Lab puppy who had her first successful swim experience (I know, she's not your typical Lab!) in Rosie B's pool, under the kind and enthusiastic eye of Maria Korny. RP is a unique place; it's elegant, relaxing, and spotlessly clean. You'd never know this was a "doggie paradise". The Inn is comfortably and elegantly decorated, and your every need has been anticipated. There are dog beds, toys, treats, and comfy throws in every room, and it is clear that your hosts believe that dogs are true members of the family. The rooms are large and extremely comfortable, each with it's own private bath. All rooms are handicapped accessible, and it is clear that anyone who uses a wheelchair would be an extremely comfortable guest.
The breakfast basket is always filled with enticing treats for humans and dogs alike. And the Kornys have arranged things so that should you want to eat other meals at the Inn, you are well stocked with dishes, cutlery, etc should you desire take-out or snacks from their menu of home cooked goodies (soup, sandwiches, etc.) There is a fridge with snacks (the very reasonable 50 cent honor donation per snack/drink goes toward the purchase of oxygen masks for dogs to be carried by firefighters).
The wooded paths are lovely, and there are plenty of discrete receptacles and baggies for doggie clean ups. This year the Korny's added an agility course in a lovely clearing in the woods, and our pup had a blast running through the tunnel, jumping through hoops, and racing around weave poles.
You can feel very comfortable leaving your pup if you are going out for the evening, or at any time during the day. Maria is an experienced and intuitive dog handler who really enjoys exercising and playing with doggie guests.
I can't recommend this place enough, whether you're a dog lover, or just an appreciator of comfort and pampering. You'll want to come back again and again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2009

My husband found the Inn on line and we stayed with our two dogs last year. The experience was excellent and we returned again this year. By far I am more relaxed at the Inn at restful paws than anywhere else we have ever stayed. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, the service could not be better and the dogs feel right at home, they were not anxious or nervous at all. The Inn keepers went above and beyond to make sure that our stay was all that we expected. and more. I cant tell you how many times I heard "sit back and relax and let us take care of you". There was another couple that stayed for one night while we were there last and I saw their review. They complained of a barking dog, we heard the dog as well, but we were at an Inn that welcomes pets, I think the review was much to do about nothing!! The dog did not bark for long as the Inn Keepers went and slept with the dog to keep him content and happy. I think that the couple got off on the wrong foot and then everything bothered them from there, it has happened to all of us at one time or another. I would recommend this Inn to anyone, especially those that have a love for animals. Oh and did I mention the wonderful breakfast that is prepared for you and YOUR PET :)
This is a place like no other. Great, relaxing get away

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple