“Fresh and clean”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Holyoke
Dover, Vermont
“Fresh and clean”
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel is going through a noticeable renovation. The rooms were very fresh with new wallpaper and new bathroom fixtures. The linens were great and comfortable the rooms are very spacious. There was some construction dust here and there but I would totally give them a pass for how fresh everything felt. The location was a little out-of-the-way but very nice drive. We ate micks and they were very accommodating for two small children. The food was great and the prices were quite reasonable. This hotel is really on the rise and we look forward to staying there next year to see the progress that they have made.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Hebrew first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and I booked at the last minute after a long drive from Lancaster County. The room was very nice - spotlessly clean with great water pressure in the shower. We were so impressed by the level of service that we went to reception an hour later to book for another night. Linda the proprietor was delightful and we will definately be returning. Thank you to Linda and Barbara & Molly in the restaurant for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great place! Very clean and in a quiet location. Nice restaurant right on the premises, good food, We ate at "Micks" , and the pizza was excellent. Only issue was it was a little difficult to find but that just may have been our GPS. Eventually we got there after many turns!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Simsbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed at D Hotel recently and it was one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in....There were many family and friends who also had rooms because of a wedding and they, too, were very impressed. The rooms were very clean, a nice size, the TV's were new, the beds were better than my home and the staff was great from the front desk to housekeeping and maintenance. Everyone was courteous, friendly, went out of their way to help us and accomodate special needs. They even had great continental breakfasts. I understand that the hotel is under new management and it was evident that they were trying to upgrade everything. I can't say enough nice things. Thank you, D Hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandy K
Boothbay Harbor, Maine
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We happened upon this cute hotel by chance and couldn't have been more pleased. The room was clean and comfy, the desk staff was extremely helpful, the pool/hot tub was nice, and the breakfast was fantastic. Hot food for breakfast, including pancakes and bacon, was a great day to start the day. The hotel was sold out and yet quiet. The only things I would have changed were the fitness room and the elevator (it was crazy slow and stopped at random floors).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Kew Gardens, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This former Franchise hotel is working hard to make a good mark as a independent, boutique hotel. They are succeeding. It is apparent they are upgrading everything from lobby to linens. The front desk agent was very pleasant and chatty. When I had a maintenance issue they were more than willing to fix it or change rooms. The lobby is attractive, halls, baths and rooms very clean and spacious. The restaurant is excellent. Good service, excellent Prix Fixe dinner in addition to a large standard menu.

Offers a nice breakfast, pool and hot tub and coffee at reception.

Only negative: Without an auto - a cab is EXPENSIVE here. FYI. Select your options wisely.

A good place to return to again and again.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the side or to the parking area.. could be noisier on the highway side. All roo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank brian k
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I recently stayed at this property with my two teenagers for a 1/2 marathon my son was participating in for the weekend. I had booked it through Hotels.com and when we arrived found out it was completely booked. I was disappointed from the description given to me from my Hotels.com reservation that our room was not equipped with a kitchenette. Apparently the room I booked was a standard room and Hotels.com did not alter their description to reflect that type of room and gave the description of a suite. Additionally, the television was not working which also made it a challenge however, the front desk felt badly and reduced my bill and after a voicemail to the new Proprietor, Linda Rosskothen, I received a personal phone call and apology for the misunderstanding in the room description and the out of commission television. She was very appreciative of my feedback and assured me that all the televisions are in the process of being replaced and they are also in the process of doing a complete renovation which takes time. She so kindly credited my credit card for half of the amount I paid in a very nice, good faith gesture.

I look forward to giving them a second chance when I visit the area next time as everybody deserves a second chance especially given the accommodation the owner was willing to make for me and I enjoy patronizing family owned establishments for the personal touch given.

The location was convenient to where we needed to be in the area and the only property listed that had two queen beds rather than doubles and that made for a comfortable night's sleep.

Room Tip: Request a room on the opposite side of the restaurant next door. It is busy with weddings on the we...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holyoke
Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Hadley
Hampton Inn Chicopee/Springfield

Been to D. Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!