“The D. Saved me”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Holyoke
La Quinta, California, United States
“The D. Saved me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I had a family emergency in Northhampton and flew from California not knowing where to stay. I hurriedly google and found The D. I arrived early in the morning, told Kevin Dawson, the front desk person, my story and that it was ok if I couldn't check in early. I just needed a place to plant and work on my iPad. One of the managers heard my story and they found a room that was ready and I checked in early. They offered to help me in any way. Did I need tea, Internet, directions extra pillow....I felt like I had been rescued. The room was very nice, the bedding and pillows were soft and fluffy...a welcome treat after a long day at the hospital. The breakfast was great too. There were waffle, pancakes, yogurt, fruit, eggs...the whole thing. We ate at The Mick one night which is adjacent to the hotel. Boy, was that convenient! The locals frequent this restaurant, if that tells you anything. Thank you D-staff, I couldn't have done it without you. P.S. Ill family member is doing well.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Hebrew first
Port Chester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I thought it was a nice hotel for the price, my room was spacious, tastefully decorated & clean breakfast was a nice addition. I would definitely stay here again if I my travels brought me to Holyoke.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Horsham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

On entering, the foyer is somewhat clinical, however forget that and enjoy fresh, clean and spacious rooms. Ours came with a sizeable bathroom with good hot water, and a great shower, although in appearance it was edging towards needing some TLC.
Ours was a fully carpeted bedroom with big comfortable beds, super duvets and pillows. Complete with tasteful decor, plenty of lamps;
the rear rooms do suffer from traffic noise, despite the double glazed windows and drapes.
This is an independent hotel, and it shows in the stamp of individuality that the Proprietor has brought to the place. If you get the chance have a chat with her, she gave us some great advice on the locale and places to visit.
Micks, one of the restaurants on site is a good place to eat, and only a step away from the Hotel foyer.
The breakfast area could be 'cosy' if all the guests arrive at the same time.
The quantity and quality of the food was good, especially the bacon!
Given the chance and in the area, we would have no hesitation in returning.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Amherst, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

This Holyoke hotel has a pretentious lobby with loud unpleasant elevator music (if there's such a thing as good elevator music) and a fake log fireplace. The room we stayed in was bad-motel small, with so many problems that we were able to get out of the remainder of our reservation. The breakfast was awful - cut fruit that was blackened on the edges, greasy potatoes and meat, and an unpleasant omelet-like thing. The room was extremely far from parking, This place, with its problem-ridden room, is so far from a 3-star that it should be ashamed to claim it. You'd do far better in a low-star hotel. Unless you're into aggravation, avoid this place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Peter R, Owner at D. Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
On behalf of the D. Hotel and Suites we are incredibly sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We strive to provide the very best accommodations possible, and we are sorry that we did not deliver your expectations. We are not about excuses, but we are about making things right. Please allow us to serve you again at our cost. Our new renovations, our great customer service and our commitment to making it right is being appreciated by most of our guests. Therefore I am sure we can also exceed your expectations during your next visit. We have sent you an E-Mail in order to personally follow up. I do hope to hear back from you.

Peter Rosskothen
Owner
Turnersville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here while visiting family in the area. It was convenient because it was a central location to the three families we were visiting. The suite was very spacious and had a refrigerator, microwave and stove, so we could all meet there or go to their respective homes. The room was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The staff members were all very friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast every morning was incredible! It was actually better than some B&B breakfasts we've had. There is still some upgrading still being done under the new ownership so you can see where it is going to be even more elegant than it is now. The renovations are being done in a way that they do not interfere or hinder your stay in any way.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Poughkeepsie, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I recently had my wedding ceremony and reception at The Log Cabin and most of our guests were from out of state. We had many rooms blocked at D.Hotel for our guests, including the bridal suite for ourselves. The hotel is in the process of needed renovations and is under new ownership. I was very pleased to see the beginnings of what is going to be great changes for the hotel. The staff members are very friendly and if you are lucky enough to run into Linda R during your visit, she is kind, sweet, and truly cares about your comfort. Our bridal suite was spacious, had a kitchen, the bathroom was beautiful and the bed was comfortable with soft linens including a freshly cleaned comforter (which most hotels do not do!) There was breakfast on the second level where our guests were able to visit with each other some family members hadn't seen each other in years so it was nice to have family and friends enjoy a bite together. Also, a shuttle from D.Hotel to the Log Cabin was getting all of our guests to the wedding and back to the hotel after the ceremony- that was awesome and very convenient! Super bonus points for the shuttle service! The D.Hotel also sits right next to the Delaney House which has great food and drinks, live music on the weekend evenings and is also down the road from down town Northampton. It is placed in the perfect location.
Overall, our experience at the D.Hotel was great! It's charming, warm and comfortable, it's in a fabulous location and Peter and Linda will welcome you like family.

• Stayed September 2013
Holyoke, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here after attending a beautiful wedding at the Delaney House. The room was very large, and the bed was quite comfortable. Everything was spotless, and we both enjoyed the breakfast the next morning. What a convenience it was to have such a great hotel attached to the wedding venue. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holyoke
Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North
Hotel Northampton
Hotel Northampton
#2 of 5 in Northampton
Hampton Inn Chicopee/Springfield

Been to D. Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!