When my gf told me we were staying at the D Hotel, I asked couldn't she find a room at the C or perhaps B? After a giggle, we settled into our room after a long trip from long island. Several unexplained things happened throughout our visit, but we didn't speak of them until we were home. All 3 of us, including my gf's 17 year old son were excited to blurt what their take was on what occurred that night. I must add upfront that none of us ever felt threatened, nor scared, just knew that something supernatural had occurred. It wasn't until after we spoke our minds on long island, did i google Holyoke and find that there had been several unexplained events. Even more intrigued, we have vowed to return to the D Hotel for more unsettling fun.
Without going into too much detail, there were water sounds, bathroom lights that turned off and on, a laptop that inexplicably lifted from my bag and ended up on the floor - unscathed and a flutter of unexplained wind that wished under the covers down at our feet.
We weren't ignoring what was occurring and we weren't in shock, but nobody thought anything odd until we were back in the safety of our long island home did we speak of the occurrences.
I must also add that I an a non-believer in psychics, the afterworld, supernatural, but I cannot explain our stay, nor my desire to go back. I was the one that googled Holyoke and found the ghost sighting information. Even now, a couple of months later, do i get goose bumps typing about it.
The lobby was elegant and our room was charming. The breakfast that was included was wonderful. I would stay at the D Hotel again, but the next time I checked the rated, it was considerably higher. I hope they don't get to popular, because we want to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The D. Hotel, offers everything you need for a comfortable stay. Whether you’re here on business, visiting the area colleges and universities, attending a wedding or just exploring the beautiful Pioneer Valley, our wide variety of luxury guest rooms, including our romantic bridal suites, can accommodate even the most discriminating traveler. Every room in the D. Hotel is immaculate and designed for maximum comfort and convenience. Take advantage of our central location and count on warm, personalized service 24 hours a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your D. Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Holyoke
- Country Inn & Suites Holyoke Hotel Holyoke
- Country Inn Holyoke
- Holyoke Country Inn