“Treated Myself!”
Review of D. Hotel & Suites

D. Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Holyoke
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed at Hotel D overnight as a birthday treat to myself and I was so pleasantly treated by the hotel itself! My room, which was on the 4th floor and was advertised as having a king-size bed; had a really high ceiling, a wonderful fau-fireplace with a nice leather chair in front of it. After a day of antiquing, I got myself settled in, and enjoyed a quiet evening of reading in front of the fireplace. So nice!

Breakfast the next morning was better than most "hot breakfasts" of "deluxe breakfasts" in that it had bacon (lots of it) as well as homemade potatoes to go along with the scrambled eggs. There were of course the assortment of cereals, baked goods, coffee & juices and the waffle maker.

Even though Hotel D is a little over an hour from my home, I'm already thinking of another excuse to stay there. A great experience!

Room Tip: The 4th floor will get you the high ceilings which make the room feel huge!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Peter R, Owner at D. Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

We are glad you had a delightful experience. We will pass on your kind words to our staff. We all deserve a treat every once in a while. We look forward to your return and will give you the same kind of experience you have come to expect. Thank You for staying with us.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

What a great find in a great location. My daughter had a concert at UMASS (Amherst) and we found this hotel (formerly a Country inn & Suites) for less than $100!!!! And we had a suite with two queen beds. There is a nice restaurant adjacent that we did not dine at ($$$$$), but the hotel is 5 minutes from Northampton where there is an abundance of restaurants and shopping. Our only problem was the hot water, the hotel was apparently having issues with it the weekend we were there and the front desk staff were less than helpful. "Did you run the shower and the sink for ten minutes?" I was asked. I thought she was joking, but she wasn't. The front desk staff could be a bit more polite and less snobbish.
Breakfast was above average and the rooms were very clean. I will definitely stay here again unless the rates skyrocket. Never be afraid to take a chance on an independent property!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tomeduke

We are sorry the front desk staff was not as accommodating as they should have been. Our goal is to provide top notch guest service from the moment you book your reservation to the moment you leave our property. Our staff did not meet this goal and we do truly apologize. We have fixed our hot water issue and have taken steps to make sure it does not occur again. We look forward to your next visit. Thank You for staying with us.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I couldn't believe that thus hotel property had No hot water during my stay. They kept lying and charging me twice. I am not very happy. The hotel manager was unreasonable to solve and defend by himself. I am very disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Arkady B
Peter R, Owner at D. Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

We are truly sorry you had a bad experience during your stay. We did not have hot water from 3pm -7pm during your stay and we truly apologize for that. We understand that the lack of hot water can make for a bad experience; therefore we gave a complimentary night’s stay for your inconvenience and our failure to live up to your standards. We have taken and always continue to take proactive steps to make sure issues like this are never repeated. We do hope we can earn your business when you come back to the area.

Linda Rosskothen
Proprietor

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed here to get away from super loud downstairs neighbors and to get a night of sleep in a quiet location. I could not have been more pleased. Kevin at the front desk was excellent and went out of his way to make sure that I had a quiet room facing away from the highway. The room was great, very quiet even though I was across from the elevators, the bed was comfortable, the TV had lots of channels, I really have nothing to complain about. Also, I came down way late for breakfast and it was still out - pancakes, bacon, toast, all of it. And it was surprisingly good! I didn't try the restaurants but they looked like they had great specials. As they upgrade, I would just recommend getting "fancier" toiletries. I will need a place to get away to work on a book in the next year and given the great service, location, cost, and restaurant, I will likely be booking one of the suites to do so. Very very happy!

Room Tip: Away from the highway was excellent.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

We are glad you had an excellent stay. We will pass on your kind words to our front desk staff. We hope you come back next year to work on your book. We know we will provide you with the value and service you would expect on your return visit. Thank You for staying with us.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed just one night after decided to hike nearby Mt Tom. It was a comfortable, friendly place. It was very clean. We ate at the restaurant next door, it was crowded because the football game was on the big screen television but they found us a small table. The food was outstanding. Breakfast the next day was good, except my husband would have liked eggs and there were none when we were there. We will go back to both the hotel and restaurant again.

Room Tip: From the top floors in the front you can see the river. There are a lot of weddings there, I woul...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

We are happy you had a great stay. We strive to make each stay special and we are glad you enjoyed the restaurant as well. We hope to see you again. Thank you for visiting us.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Wife and I stayed here for a quick getaway. Very nice place that they're clearly upgrading and trying to make it feel more like a boutique hotel and less like the mid-scale chain that it was. In a 2 bed suite, we had a lot of space (2 queens plus separate area with sleeper and 2nd TV), fridge and microwave. Beds very comfortable. Curtains did a good job darkening. The bathroom could use a little work (slab acrylic walls and caulking that needs to be redone) and my guess is it's in the works given the overall upgrading.

The pool and spa looked good but we did not use either.

My only real negative is that the breakfast area, where what's offered is actually quite good, is much too small.

Room Tip: Some rooms toward the back may get some noise from I-91 right behind the hotel. Try to stay toward...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Didn't know they had changed there name. We stayed there last January when we sold our condo. Very comfortable room...clean. Had a wonderful pool and hot tub for our usage. Continental breakfast was adequate for our needs. The staff was exceptional. It also just happens to be next door to the Delaney House. We also used this hotel to reserve a block of rooms for our 50th High School reunion. Manager was very accommodating and gave us a good price. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holyoke
Quality Inn & Suites
Hotel Northampton
Hotel Northampton
#2 of 5 in Northampton
Hampton Inn Chicopee/Springfield

Been to D. Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!