“Worst Service Ever”

Ruby Tuesday
Ranked #17 of 112 Restaurants in Holyoke
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Northampton, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Service Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

It took an hour to receive our food and the waitress barely looked at us. She took our order and never checked on us to apologize for the food running late. Once we finally got our food, the waitress never came over to ask how our food was. My friend asked for his burger well done and it came out medium rare. He couldn't even ask to send it back since she never checked on us. My group of five friends were squeezed into a four person booth (which seemed big enough for 2 people) and we were barely paid attention to. I normally leave about a 15- 20% tip but with this service I left one dollar on a $30 check. Being a group of college students the waitress may have assumed we would not tip well and thus ignored us; however, if she had done her job properly and paid us attention she would have gotten a better tip than some older customers may give. We also visited during a slow time, around 3 p.m., and should not have had to wait. The restaurant was mostly empty besides us.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank jdadmun94

Colorado
“good dinner and attached to the mall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

This was a great place to eat and shop during a business trip. The salad bar was good. I ordered a sirloin and it was actually really good (comparable to Texas Road House). My husband has ordered steak (regrettably) at other Ruby TUesday's and this one actually cooked it correctly. Would eat here again. It is also inexpensive!

• Visited December 2013
Chicopee,Ma.
“I know it should be about the food, but........”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

My granddaughter and I stopped in for lunch while shopping in the mall. We were brought to a booth, I have to say the seat was horrible, the leather was so cracked and uncomfortable to sit on, and being summer we both were wearing shorts, and it scratched our legs, when we looked around there were no other booths that didn't have the same problem, so we couldn't ask to change our seat, there were none better. For lunch, the best bet is the salad bar, everything looks fresh and inviting. I had a cream of broccoli cheddar soup with a salad, it was fine. My granddaughter had a salad with side baked potato, and steamed broccoli, again good, but nothing extraordinary. The server was very good. Again, my only problem was with the condition of the booths, they really needed some TLC and cleaning.

• Visited July 2013
Greenfield, Massachusetts
“Lots of Healthy Eating Options, Great Value and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

We were hungry and decided to grab lunch before shopping at the Holyoke Mall. Been trying to lay off the fast food and decided to head to Ruby Tuesdays hoping for somewhat healthier fare. Got there about 1:15 pm on a Sunday and were seated immediately. Walked by their signature mega salad bar on the way to our table. It was well stocked and maintained. I haven't been here in a while and it looks like they spruced up their interior. Nicer seating, lighting, and decor. Our server was prompt with our drink order. Came back within a few minutes for our menu selections. Very friendly and efficient.

There were lots of healthy choices here. Looks like they can pretty much accommodate any eating requirements or preferences...vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, lo cal, etc. They still have their fair share of hearty options, crispy fried foods, cheesy appetizers, and decadent desserts. There something for everyone. They even have a kids menu.

I selected a blackened tilapia with a mango salsa. You get to pick two sides and I ended up chosing grilled green beans and spaghetti squash. The seasoning on the tilapia was a little on the spicy side, which I like. It was very moist and the mango salsa was yummy. The spaghetti squash has just the right touch of sweetness to it and the green beans were flavorful and still had a nice little crunch to them. My daughter ordered a steak, creamy mashed cauliflower, and the same grilled green beans that I ordered. Her steak was perfectly cooked to order. If you have never tried the creamy mashed cauliflower, you should try it. It's quite good and a nice alternative to mashed potatoes.

I know this is a chain restaurant, but this place really does a good job. The service was fantastic and the food was affordable. The mall can be noisy and chaotic at times. This place is quiet and relaxed. I wasn't there for the beverages, but they also have an extensive beverage menu a full bar. Looked to be very family friendly. Lots of couples were there with their kids.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Michie1291
Massachusetts
“Coupon !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

I love the fact that Ruby 's puts out coupons (Sunday paper) every few months. We like the choices and enjoy getting the salad bar. This time we did not have a good server and that made our visit less than expected.

• Visited April 2013