“Quiet location in woods!!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Holyoke
Montreal, Canada
“Quiet location in woods!!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Clean and modern. Equipped with microwave and fridge. Bathrooms are clean but narrow doorways. Close to Northampton and/or Holyoke!! No breakfast. Internet is extra charge (not free). No handicap or wheelchair access.

Room Tip: Good rates on America's best website (I paid 43.95/a night)!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mike j

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sudbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Room was clean with updated bathroom. It had a flatscreen TV, microwave and good size frig. Heating unit kept room toasty while going on and off during the night. Similar to other motels we have stayed in. Good customer service at front desk. Stayed one night with family.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank vac25
San Diego, California
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Hate to leave a "you get what you pay for" review, but it seems apropos in this case.

As others have said, it's an old roadside motel property where you park your car outside the room which you enter from the exterior. You might or might not be okay with that.

First the good. The rooms are relatively large. There seems to have been a remodel in recent years and the rooms decor has a sense of style to it as oppose to the old divey motel look. The heater, while loud, heats the room well. There is cable TV on a relatively small flat-screen. The bathroom included decent quality shampoo. No blowdrier in the room but you can ask for one. The manager on duty was very friendly and helpful.

Now the unfortunate. The location seems only convenient to Easthampton. It's about halfway between Holyoke and Northampton. My business was in Northampton and I wished I was a little closer. When checking in I encountered a prostitute who was dropping off a key and she indicated to the manger that she might need it again later. Okay, I know even the nicest hotels are used by prostitutes/callgirls/boys. But this was the obvious street-walker type. If you are with a family or uncomfortable with this, you probably will want to stay elsewhere. While there is complimentary WIFI, it kept on logging out after a few minutes of use and prompted me to re-enter the username and password provided to me by the motel. It got really disruptive and annoying. Thin towels.

I usually spend about $20 per night more when I stay in the area but decided to cheap out on this visit with this place. My experience here confirmed I was slumming it. Okay place to rest your head on a road-trip or something but not much more.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Glencie
Chester
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The room was clean but the heat keep us awake all night. The heat was provided via the AC unit and turned on and off every 10 minutes with a rush of air. This made it hard to sleep. If you want to sleep get some ear plugs first

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Putnam, Connecticut
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wife and I spent $64 (tax included) for a two-queen room on Sunday night of Columbus Day weekend (no kings available). It was a fair price for what we got: comfortable beds, good shower, work desk, microwave and mini-fridge, good wireless, clean enough accommodations. But it certainly was not luxurious. Towels were small and thin, there was no coffee in the room (or in the lobby), and the TV seemed small for a room of such generous size. The door did not fit the jamb good and tight, and although it locked securely you had to jiggle the deadbolt to get it in place. Location is quiet, on a mostly deserted stretch of U.S. 5 between Holyoke and Northampton, but it is just a short drive into either town. It was fine for a quick sleepover.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RoadTripRoger
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Here are some great things about this motel:

1. Huge and very clean room. If you are travelling with two big suitcases you appreciate this, believe me. Being able to leave the suitcases on the floor and not trip over them was nice.
2. Very comfortable (again, huge) bed with hotel grade bed sheets. 4 good quality pillows were also provided and both nights we stayed we slept very well.
3. Excellent and modern clean bathroom with full bath and shower (quality soap and shampoo provided, other hotels please note).
4. Reasonably sized "walk in" closet in the room to hang up clothes
5. Big flatscreen TV with HBO, fridge and microwave
6. Overall very high quality fittings and furnishings throughout (better in terms of quality than a lot of hotels)

I'd stay here again as the quality to price relationship was superb and it rates as one of the better motels if not the best motel I've stayed in for this price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Westchester
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I read all the reviews and booked one night at this hotel with my teenage daughter.
It should be called "The Bates Hotel".
It is in the middle of nowhere and I should have turned around the minute I saw the sign.
The weeds were ten feet tall, the office smelled like moth balls and curry seasoning.
I asked to see the room before I checked in. The door was hollow and the bathroom style lock was jiggly. The room was clean but I was afraid that in the middle of the night someone would break in and kidnap us or we would be the next episode on Criminal Minds. I immediately advised the office that I would not be staying due to safety reasons. I asked for my credit card number to be ripped up and they refused as they stood behind a plexiglass window. I was told they were going to charge my card. I had to call the police and my credit card company to have my card number changed. I drove down the road to Northampton and stayed in a lovely place called the Autumn Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Aries1314
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holyoke
D. Hotel & Suites
Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North
Econo Lodge Hadley
Econo Lodge Hadley
#6 of 7 in Hadley

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!