“4 times is a charm?? Not!!”
Review of JP's Restaurant

JP's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 112 Restaurants in Holyoke
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Easthampton, Massachusetts
“4 times is a charm?? Not!!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I really try to give a place a chance but maybe I just have bad luck? We tried JP'S numerous times this Winter and Spring since we did have a couple good meals there. Once we had a great combination pizza.,tasty and perfect thin crust. Since then 3 more pizzas later burnt on bottom, wrong ingreg we ordered or just so tough you couldnt chew it. Another time we had the fish,chips and onion rings. It was cooked perfectly with a light batter. This past weekend I had it and once I cut inside It was only partially cooked. My husband and I eat fish frequently so really know when fish is not cooked. We werent upset as the waitress said oh we will definately make you another when she looked at it.-no big deal?? Well to my dismay I was given my piece of fish back .I knew it was mine as I had cut a large V shaped slice out to see if maybe the middle was better . Well this fish was impossible to cut through. The fried batter bring became so hard you could not bite or cut into it. My husband lost his appetite and I was so disgusted we paid and left. I have found if you do make note of something the cook must get mad and nothing improves it just get worse. I ll never forget when the cook scraped off the wrong toppings put on the right toppings and gave us back the same pizza. Maybe some people dont care but we do. To me we wont be back. It is too bad as yes it has keno and a great bar. Packed on weekends. The food ranges from fair to mod priced. There was no price deduction nothing so .. good bye JP. Off to better places. Owners you need to start checking the food that is sent to patrons better -maybe a little CQI once in awhile??

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank WhoFive

Chicopee, Massachusetts
“Close by”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Wonderful family run business. Great fish and chips as well as many other offerings. Close to home and always greeted warmly.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Patsy35_10
Easthampton
“Good value”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Easy parking, good comfort food, good value. Don't look for anything special but it is a safe stop for a bite to eat after a busy day....

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Stephen603
Newington, Connecticut
“Good coffee but....”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Sorry. Perhaps it was an off day for this restaurant, but we are truly not sympathetic since we were both hungry and bound for a destination many miles away. When we arrived, we were cordially greeted and seated. The waitress was cheerfull and we expected great service and food. The waitress apologized saying it wa busy at the moment and we accepted that fact and were prepared to wait for a reasonable time. However, once our meal was served, that was the end of good service at JP's! As tables were vacated and customers were leaving, we waited at the table for our waitress or someone else to answer a question and then ultimately to receive the check. We were totally ignored as the small staff raced by our table to tend to the needs of others and wipe down tables! I finally hailed down a woman w a coffee pot for a quick refill and check and she assured me she would return to our table with a fresh pot but we never saw her again. I regret having to write this, but JP's nearly ruined our trip to Massachusetts by ignoring us, an elderly couple, who were anxious for good food as well as service on a special day off!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank shu075
Massachusetts, USA
“Great Local Flavor”
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I was sent to this place by a hotel in the area and absolutely loved it. I sat at the bar mingling with the locals, who keep this place busy. I saw a few orders of wings come out and could not resist. I ended up with an order of wings (giant wings) and an order of potato skins for dinner. I couldn't finish it. The drinks were very generous and the bar tenders very entertaining. Next time you are in Holyoke you have to stop by this place.

Visited January 2013