“Quiet, Clean, Comfortable and Excellent!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hudson
Detroit, Michigan
“Quiet, Clean, Comfortable and Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

Not only was I greeted in a great professional manner by Carrie when I checked in, the room was extremely clean and comfortable. I really enjoyed the quiet night sleep which is pretty rare when I travel during the week. What made it the most memorable was the Sam Adams beer tasting event that they had. This hotel goes above and beyond with respect to customer satisfaction. The Sam Adams taste testing was available to all customers regardless of being a priority member or not.

Room Tip: Rooms facing back of hotel were extremely quiet. Definitelty try to stay during the week when they h...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
hiexpresshudson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with others. We are thrilled to hear that Carrie has provided you with the high levels of service that you should expect when staying at our property. We are also very happy to hear that you enjoy the Sam Adams Beer Fest event that Jason conducts on Tuesday nights. Thank you for noticing that we do our best to please our most loyal guests. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you each time you find yourself needing accommodations in the Hudson area!

Jonathan Buck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Essex, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

We had a 3-night stay at this hotel. It was average, so there's not a lot to say about the property!
Rooms were OK. Not dirty, but not sparkling either. Rooms around us and the elevator were NOISY! Lots of pounding from above. Constants bells from the elevator. Not much to do once you are settled in. Exercise room was OK. Fresh water and cool temperature, which is good. Elevator was incredibly slow. The 'close door' button didn't work, so you just had to wait. The staff was friendly. Locations convenient to 495, but really out of the way of anything other than travelers. Breakfast was predictable, hot coffee and other choices which were... well.... OK to a teenager, but kind of yucky, except for yogurt and cereal, which were good. Go for the convenience of a mid-way stop, and the price which was reasonable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
hiexpresshudson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Boston - Marlboro. We apologize that you didn’t fully enjoy every aspect of your stay. Although you found your room to be a bit noisy, and the elevator a bit slow, I am happy to hear that you found the service at the front desk to be friendly. We work diligently to provide our guests with the cleanest and most comfortable accommodations in the area, but it sounds as though you have identified a few areas in which we could improve. Please note that we take all guest feedback very seriously and will attempt to correct these issues, improving the guest experience for our future visitors.

Dalton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

Stayed here two nights for my cousin's wedding and we were very pleased. The only negatives (minor) were that the room wasn't vacuumed, there were no Kleenex to be found, and the elevator is extremely slow and loud. But the staff was friendly, the comp. breakfast was nice, and everything was clean and worked well.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
hiexpresshudson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I will forward your housekeeping concerns immediately to our department head to ensure none of our future guests experience similar issues. I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast, as this is one of the highlights of staying at a Holiday Inn Express. Thanks again for your visit and we hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Ligonier PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

Who knew that Marlborough Massachusetts would be fully booked on a Tuesday night? I guess I should have reserved ahead, but lucked out with this Holiday Inn after trying four other hotels up and down the strip. Was glad to pay the $150 because I was relieved to get a room after 8:00. The room was fine, and the location is quite good. You're on 495 one minute after leaving the parking lot. The hotel is a very short drive away from a very nice restaurant, Allora. See my review there.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
hiexpresshudson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I am delighted that you found our hotel to be suitable for your recent overnight visit. Tuesdays are one of the hottest nights of the week in this area due in part to the large volume of corporate travel that visits our local offices. I am happy that you were able to find a comfortable room at our property. Thank you for pointing out how easy it was to get to our hotel. We love our location! It is quiet and hassle free to get to.

We hope that you will visit our hotel again next time your travels bring you this way.

Long Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

Stayed overnight on the way down from N. Hampshire to NYC. Impressed by the cleanliness of the room, the hallways & the lobby. I was happy to have an adjustable showerhead that was easy to change settings, many times I can barely turn it. Many choices for breakfast in a well maintained dining area. Pancake maker was different than the usual one that is in every motel. No messy spills of batter. Located right off highway. Only complaint - 2 desk clerks didn't know the exit number for the hotel when I called from the road.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank LindaH120
hiexpresshudson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others on Tripadvisor. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our cleanliness standards met and or exceeded your expectations. We take great pride in the cleanliness and product quality at our hotel. I'm also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast bar. Our easy to use pancake machine is the newest addition to our Express Start Breakfast Bar. Other guests have provided the hotel with great feedback, and we love it too! I'm sorry that our front desk agent(s) were not able to provide you with the answer to your question about our location. We will address this at our next team meeting so this does not happen again in the future to another guest, I appreciate you letting us know.

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Boston - Marlboro. We hope to see you again next time your travels bring you through the Marlboro / Hudson area.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

I lucked out getting an overnight room here around 7 p.m. on a Friday night with no advance reservation. Everything was clean and quiet and I had a very good night's sleep. The only downside is that there's no restaurant in the immediate vicinity, and not everyone feels like driving some more to find someplace to eat after hours on the road.

Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Marian C
hiexpresshudson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with others. We take great pride in running one of the cleanest most comfortable hotels around. We do regret not having dinning options not in closer proximity to the hotel, but have been told that this may change with the completion of the Highland Commons shopping center across the street. Some good news on the horizon! In the meantime, please note that the hotel does have an ample selection of local eateries that will deliver. Additionally, our lobby features a little market area where guests can purchase snacks, soups, and frozen dinners in the event that someone is too tired and unwilling to venture out to dinner.

Thanks again for staying with us, and we hope you will consider our hotel again next time your travels bring you through the area.

Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

I sleep so much better if I can open windows and leave the air conditioner off, especially if it's comfortable outside. Add to that a nice, clean, comfortable room, and it's a pure winner for me. That describes my experience here.
The hotel should probably have a vacancy/no-vacancy sign lit up out front at night? (Otherwise, I'd rate service top-notch here.)
Otherwise, I would recommend that you have a reservation. When I checked-in (at 330am!), a passer-by was turned away because the hotel was booked completely full that night. A Saturday night? I still haven't figured out what goes on around here that has the place so fully booked. There are cheaper independent run lodgings around, but I'm currently addicted to IHG properties and knowing which kind of environment I'll be sleeping in. Being platinum probably helps, but I think the service here is really nice.
Lucky for me, my reserved room was still unoccupied, even though I was already written off as a no-show. I phoned in because I thought I'd get in late, but easily by 230am but I had flight/car rental issues and got much later than I planned without means of communicating this to the hotel.
It could be the proximity to Boston, but I think lodging in this area is quite expensive, making the government negotiated rates look like steals, but still pricey, considering how rural the area seems. (Otherwise, I'd rate value much higher.)
It's a great place, and I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.
Note: Garmin GPS puts the hotel location wrong, about 0.5 miles too far east on the road.

Room Tip: The hotel is easy to see on the road, just note that the GPS might put its location about 0.5 miles...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express Boston - Marlboro. We appreciate you taking the time to share about your experience during your recent stay. I'm happy to hear that you got a good nights rest with us. We continually strive to provide the cleanest most comfortable accommodations to our guests.

I would like to thank you for your loyalty to IHG Hotels and Priority Club Rewards. We hope to see you again next time your travel brings you through the Marlboro / Hudson area.

Jonathan Buck
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
Hilton Garden Inn Devens Common
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlborough
Hampton Inn Boston/Marlborough
Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28)
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Marlborough
Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Marlborough

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro? Share your experiences!