“Very nice, good breakfast, nice services”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hudson
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Very nice, good breakfast, nice services”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This property is absolutely wonderful! Great staff, excellent breakfast, comfortable beds and four (!) pillows on each queen-sized bed. Love the microwave and fridge and easily controlled thermostat. I appreciate the nicely-sized desk to work on - the only drawback was the chair for the desk - it was too low and I couldn't figure out how to raise it.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor on the back side of the hotel - no noise at all!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Katelyn H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Hockeymamax4,
Thank you for your feedback and for recognizing our hardworking staff! We are very glad that you were pleased with your entire stay. If your travels bring you back to the Hudson area we do hope you choose to stay again!

Katelyn Heerde

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

The good stuff:
The staff; very helpful, friendly and considerate.
The front lobby and common spaces; clean, new, attractive

Why I won't be back:
The rooms were very tired. A/C heater unit was very noisy. The fixtures falling apart in the bathroom. Hard to sort out which was the slowest... the wifi, the drain, or the elevator... Nothing nearby for a bite to eat or even buying a cold drink.

Will look elsewhere if/when i am back in the area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
OlyRanger,

Thank you for your feedback! I am very glad you found our staff to be well accommodating during your stay. I do apologize for the noisy AC unit and that our bathroom did not meet your expectations. I will be doing a full maintenance check on the things that you mentioned to ensure that they are brought up to par.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review!

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have travelled most of my life and this hotel has the formula. Clean and bright, friendly staff, good value. in its category, it is one of the best experiences I had in many years. I would encourage Holiday Inn Express corporate to bench mark this facility for other locations. The management and staff here know why they are there. They really get it! Bravo

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Katelyn H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Donald F,
Thank you very much for your kind words! We are thrilled that you had the best experience in many years at our property! If your business travel brings you to our area again, we do hope you will choose to stay with us!

Marlborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I book on average 4 times a month.
It's that good!!!
Reservations are easy & inexpensive. Parking in front & back [foot steps away from the entrance]. Fresh, hot, delicious breakfast every time!
hassle-free check-in. The most genuine greetings upon entrance!
I was just there yesterday and let me tell you, I feel accommodated every single time!
Extra towels
Early check-in, late check-out
laundry machines
vending machines (always stocked with good stuff)
Microwavable meals (frozen and more) *I had the beef, potatoes & carrots...yum, yum !!
Room upgrades
awesome wi-fi
on-site desk top
Housekeeping at your service
What else could one want..???

All in all, if I had to thank one person individually, it would be the front desk lady by the name of "Dee". I feel privileged on the occasions I am accommodated by such a wonderful, genuine individual. For all the times she made me smile, In chaotic snow storms, trying to find something to eat @ 2 in the morning, and the like; I am in the hopes that management relays the message.
Thanks to all of you!!!
JM

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms have the fire place & whirlpool tubs !!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Julie M
Katelyn H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Julie M, thank you very much for your feedback! I believe you touched upon every aspect of our hotel! Our staff goes above and beyond to make sure each guest thoroughly enjoys their stay. I am thrilled that you have experience this each time you stay with us. I will be sure to share this review with Dee and recognize her for her outstanding job.

Thank you again for your feedback, Julie. We are looking forward to hosting your stay again in the near future!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Although I arrived here at 0100 the staff were alert and attentive. I was recognised as a priority club member and treated well. There was an issue wight he room keys, but it was solved quickly. the room is comfortable and well appointed. the cleanliness is superior. the fitness facility is small but new and clean.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Katelyn H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for recognizing our service as superior! I am very pleased to hear that thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the issue with your key card however I am glad that our staff was attentive and fixed the issue immediately. We do hope you to see you again in the near future!

Cupertino, CA
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I recently spent three nights in the Holiday Inn Express on a business trip. The location of the hotel is good; just off of the highway, but far enough away that it's quiet. It's also not far (maybe two miles) from Main street Hudson which has a few good restaurants. I stayed in a corner king room which was quite large and actually had a fireplace (which i didn't use). The towels were kind of small, but adequate. The breakfast was good as well. One strange thing; the fitness center, in the basement, has the lights on a motion sensor. They turned on fine when i went in, but both nights, the lights went out after about 20min on the treadmill (despite my frantic arm waving). Then, after about fifteen more minutes, they turned on again (same thing both nights). Besides the lights, the fitness center was fine; open 24 hours and had two treadmills, one elliptical and one bike. It did feel a little odd going down to the fitness center in the basement; i had a feeling that if i had an accident there, it would have taken quite some time for someone to discover me (especially with the lights out)... All in all, i really enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn Express, and i will stay there again next time i travel to Hudson MA.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Katelyn H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Gbob,

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am very glad you enjoyed your three night stay with us. Our location is ideal for business travelers since we are located just down the street from the center of Hudson. I apologize for the lighting issue in the fitness center. I will be sure to get that adjusted immediately! Again, thank you for your review and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the future!

Ranson, West Virginia
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed there for the first time around Thanksgiving. The thing that struck me was when I checked in, the employee saw that I was a member of their rewards club, and proceeded to hand me two bottles of spring water, told me to pick some snacks out of a snack basket, and, brought out a basket and told my kids to pick a toy. The suite I rented was nicely appointed. Breakfast was constantly replenished by friendly staff. Only downside was I requested a rollaway bed, and the one they brought was so uncomfortable that no one could sleep in it. But, when I mentioned this to the front desk, they apologized and said they would not charge me the $15 extra a night for it. Note: This hotel does not have any type of pool. I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Katelyn H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Mrd71, Thank you for your kind words! I am very glad that you had a wonderful check in experience. IHG Rewards Club members are provided with a complimentary welcome amenity when they arrive at the hotel. It is our way of saying Thank You for your loyalty! Our staff does go above and beyond to make sure we fulfill all expectations of our guests, I am very happy to hear that we did just that for you and your family!

We hope to see you again in the near future!

Katelyn Heerde
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28)
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlborough
Courtyard Boston Marlborough
Courtyard Boston Marlborough
#5 of 10 in Marlborough
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Marlborough
Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Marlborough
Residence Inn Boston Marlborough

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro? Share your experiences!