“Great pizza!”

Rail Trail Flatbread Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Rail Trail Flatbread Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 64 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Found this place while traveling through the area. It was wonderful. I loved the wood fired pizza oven that is open for view right from the dining area!! Would love to have a place like this in my town!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Mixed feelings here. We went there on a Thursday night, and had a 30 minute wait. Pretty much what I expected on a nice summer night. We got a table in the back, which was good as the noise level in the main room is off the scale. Service was fast and our server pleasant, but the overall experience was average at best. When I inquired about the beer selection, specifically pointing out I like dark brown ales, the response was that they did not have any. I asked about a porter, again no. Finally tried a black ale, nothing to really write home about there, way too hoppy, more like a black IPA. I tend to be pretty much traditional on my pizzas, and the flatbread menu did not tempt me. So I decided to try the Prime on Weck. The sandwich was overall good, and the fries were excellent. The celery root slaw on the other hand was a little too weird for my taste. I might go back to give them another shot at it, but right now I’d call this average at best.

1  Thank KGR1951
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We went to Rail Trail yesterday for the first time for an early dinner before a movie at nearby Solomon Pond Mall. My husband and I had burgers and beer and my daughter had a pizza and a hard lemonade. We also shared an amazing chocolate creme brûlée dessert. Everything was very good - fresh ingredients, home-made burger rolls, nice salad, large selection of draft beers, decent wine selection and a very friendly server. We'll be back. I just wish it was closer to our house. (They are getting ready to open an ice cream and cocktail bar directly across the street .)

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We have been to Rail Trail about a half-dozen times since it opened about two years ago. It has been a welcomed addition to a downtown area that had about a thirty percent vacancy rate. Thanks to Rail Trail, a few other new ventures, and some renovation of many of the storefronts, there is new life downtown and it is starting to feel more like a suburb of Boston (think one of the villages of Newton).

Rail Trail offers a variety of flatbread pizzas and a fair amount of other entrees for those not in the mood for pizza. Flatbreads come in two sizes, with the smaller intended as either for an individual or to be shared by two with possibility an appetizer. Flatbreads on the menu include some nice combinations, including stuffed mushroom, Hawaiian and fig and walnut. You can also create your own using a diverse list of toppings.

Other entrees range from fish and chips, brisket pot roast, eggplant parmesan and several others. There are typically about three specials and all warrant consideration. If you are in the mood for something lighter there are several sandwich offerings which pair well with one of many craft beers. Some of the appetizers or salads could also be sufficient to constitute a light meal.

Another reason this place rocks is its large rotating selection of craft beers on tap. You may spend more time trying to decide what to drink rather than what to eat. There are also some signature cocktails. I'm fond of the Sgt. Pepper.

Service has been consistent. Prices for the most part are fair. Your issue will probably be the wait for a table and very limited waiting area. I don't believe they take reservations. Even on a weekday evening the place jams. The owner's solution is to take over another vacant storefront across the street. They are opening an ice cream parlor, which I understand will have an old fashioned soda fountain. Can't wait!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Everything is fresh at Rail Trail. Homemade dough for the flatbreads and homemade sausage is hard to come by in Hudson, but Rail Trail hit the mark. The specials change frequently, and they are always a good bet. The beer selection is great. We love this place.

Been to Rail Trail Flatbread Company? Share your experiences!