“Decent food, but miserable, awful, lousy service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Massachusetts
“Decent food, but miserable, awful, lousy service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I've waited five months to write this review because I wanted to cool off after the terrible service we had in November. The problem was that I was served the wrong beer. The waitress acknowledged the problem, apologized, ran back to the bar to check with the bartender and told me that the bartender had made a substitution without telling her. Ok, not a big deal. I told her what to bring instead and she assured me she'd be right back.

Some time goes by with no replacement, and then the waitress brings the food. What about the beer? Oh yes, she'll be right back. Time goes by, my food is now cold and there's no beer. So I went to the bar and the lady behind the bar ignores me. I speak up and ask for my beer. Can't I see that she's busy? Really? There are two people at the bar and the restaurant is one third empty. I tell her that I was served the wrong beer, my meal is now cold and I'd appreciate it if she'd pour a beer for me. She tells me that she asked the waitress if it was okay to make the substitution. Now either the bartender lied about checking with the waitress, or the waitress lied about not being told about the substitution. Either way I'm being lied to.

I bring the beer back to my cold plate of food, and halfway through the meal the waitress brings my beer, clearly not realizing that her inability to correctly serve even the most basic of items made it necessary to take matters into my own hands.

Sorry, never going back. Same dog don't bite me twice.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TrackJunkie

Hudson, Massachusetts
“Always consistently good food and great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We frequent this restaurant often. Of special interest in Burger Night on Thursdays, and special wine pairings nights.

We love that they will take a reservation for a Saturday night.

• Visited March 2014
Concord, Massachusetts
“Always a great meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Excellent selections on the menu, quality food, nice atmosphere, convenient location all makes for a very good dining experience.

Olympia, Washington
“Very creative menu, great staff, fun spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Very good meal. Had starters, dinner, and dessert. Lots of yummy choices, well executed. Good beer and wine menu. Staff was great, quick, fun, informative. So why not 5 stars? The facilities trending from fun towards funky, could use an upgrade. And the food was very good, but not perfect (meatloaf a bit dry,etc..). But a very nice spot that I would recommend to others.

Lunenburg, Massachusetts
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

It's a very nice place, had some live non-intrusive or loud music playing in the background, which gave a very nice ambiance. Food was very good, but it was one of those more "modern" limited 1-page menus and didn't have quite enough variety, especially for people who prefer either lighter fare or meatless. I would certainly go back again but be selective on who I go with depending on the menu items and my friend's dietary desires.

1 Thank Bowtiebiker