“Good food and great beers”

The Horseshoe pub Hudson Premier Gastro pub
Ranked #4 of 63 Restaurants in Hudson
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped by for lunch twice in the last month while in the area because of the number of beers on tap. I had the lobster roll both times and it was served in a sub roll with plenty of meat. The first time the roll
was hard, but the second time it was nice and soft. Delicious.
The beer selection was great with some rare beers on draft.
The bartender, Joe, was one of the best I've ever had. A real hustler, and he's pays attention! I will be back.

1  Thank DAVE B

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Tonight 4 of us went to the Horseshoe Pub in Hudson MA for dinner. It's a very, very loud place, even away from the loud bar area...We don't really mind places that are fairly loud, it's to be expected at a pub, but the 4 of us were sitting in a large booth, and we couldn't even hear what we were all saying...kept repeating the sentences, etc. Now, as for the waitress, she was perfect. Her name was kaitlyn....Her name tag said Katy...She did forget to put our 15% coupon onto the bill, but she apologized for that and then she redid the bill. Now, as for the food, I had chicken parmigiana dinner w/penne for pasta. The pasta was not cooked enough...very tough. As for the chicken, I have never had such huge pieces of chicken, 2 of them...I had to bring one home, it was such a large portion. Our dining partners had fish & chips and they enjoyed them. It wasn't beer batter fish, but still very good. Another partner had the fried chicken dinner. He said it was very good...great mashed potatoes, etc. I have had the meatloaf dinners, the chicken pot pie, hamburgers, reubens, etc and all were huge portions and very good. I just happened to get the undercooked pasta tonight....We will return, but during lunch time when it's not so noisy.
Give the place a try....you won't be disappointed w/the food.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Come for the beers. Lots to choose from.

As for food, very basic. No bad, but not exceptional either.

The usual fare of burgers and wings are served.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

First the good things - large patio dining area and draft beer selection. We haven't been here for a while and the food was not as good as I remembered. While the buffalo chicken wing appetizer was excellent, the lobster rolls were just ok and the fried clams were poor. Our server did her best but seemed harried with too many tables. We will not rush back.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We enjoyed an wonderful lunch out on the terrace. My lobster roll was chock full of lobster meat and very tasty! My husband's fried clams were equally as good. The portion sizes reflect the price; good value.

The beer was cold and the sun was shining. What more could one ask for?