“A Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Harvest Cafe - CLOSED

Harvest Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Worcester, Massachusetts
“A Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have drove past Harvest Cafe many times. I was skeptical due to its exterior. Of course the saying: "never judge a book by its cover" was correct, again!
There was a small parking lot in the back. We arrived around 6pm on Saturday night and we were one of maybe 4 other couples. They have live music on Saturday nights at 7:30 and by 7pm, it was a full house.
The appetizer was delicious (spinach and artichoke dip with bagel chips). The entrees were the perfect size. I ordered the steak tips and my boyfriend ordered the baked Mac and cheese. We both had leftovers. We also ordered two side salads and they were both very fresh. Their wine list is great and reasonably priced. They also have a cocktail list and plenty of beers on draft.
Our waitress was very friendly and knew when to ask questions and when to simply sit back and let us enjoy our time.
Overall, it was a great experience and I believe it's a restaurant worth trying out!

1 Thank AshleeB21

Berlin, MA USA
“Breakfast not Dinner?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

We went for our first time on a Saturday early....about 5pm. we were the first customer. Based on the good reviews we figured we would try it. I ordered the sirlion tips. The portion was quite small for the price. The salad that came with it was also kind of small and very average. The quality of the tips was good, but the serving was so small that it just seemed incomplete. My wife got a large salad with salmon on top. She said it was good. There was an 8$ adder for the salmon which we thought was on the high side. We also had an appetizer that was a veggie plate. It was Ok but the mini carrots looked like they came out of a bag bought at Stop and Shop. Again it was very average. The total bill was much higher than it should be for what we got. Harvest Cafe appears to be more of a breakfast and lunch place rather than dinner. If we had ordered burgers or sandwiches with a couple of beers it would have been much more appropriate and the price would have been half of what it was.
So, as much as anything it was our error in what we ordered. Stick to sandwiches and burgers and I think you're probably going to be OK. There was nothing really bad about the place except the small portion on the tips.
If you want a more formal dinner out I would suggest that you go elsewhere.

• Visited March 2014
Auckland, New Zealand
“Consistently good food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

After going here for the fresh food it was so good I went back and it was even better. The fact that they remembered me was a plus. i have only had breakfast but it was great. there is a coffee bar which gives some good choices for variation.

• Visited February 2014
Boxborough, Massachusetts
“a great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

My wife and I have been eating at Harvest ever since we discovered it via Restaurant.com. We've been very happy with our meals here. The only knock is that they haven't been able to get the flourless chocolate cake we fell in love during our original couple visits. it was basically like a big piece of fudge. one of the owners told me that she has been having problems obtaining it again, but we are hopeful that she'll be successful.

This is definitely a place worth trying.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank jeffah
Hudson, Massachusetts
“Average is as average does”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

We went for dinner and the food was OK. Nothing to rave about. The place was nearly empty, but we had to wait to be seated. Maybe they are more of a breakfast place? I don't have anything strongly negative to say, but we probably wont go back. The decor is nice.

• Visited November 2013