“Italian & Seafood”
Review of Mezzo Mare

Mezzo Mare
Ranked #17 of 47 Restaurants in Hull
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Food is always good here, just steps to the beach.
Hope you are hungry, the portions are big enough to split,
but you'll want it all to yourself.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Food was very well prepared and presented. In my opinion a little bit overpriced but almost not worth mentioning as the portions are large. I love restaurant leftovers! Across the street from Nantasket Beach, so parking can be tough, but it's a nice place to walk. Service was pretty good--seems like a family owned and run restaurant. The chef was out and about and asked about our experience which was nice. Recommended!

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Try the calamari appetizer.....fabulous! We had great service and the food was incredibly good. No wait on a Sat night. We wished the bread was on a par with the other food.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I admit I had been here before on a previous visit to Hull, Massachusetts...for lunch! This hidden gem has a small deli attached to the main restaurant which is open for lunch and while there I had a de-lish sandwhich; fresh ingredients, very good fresh baked bread and made to order. My second time in, just under two weeks ago while on a visit to Hull, was for a proper dinner on a night out with friends and family. The night was a bit cool so there was a nice fire lit in the rustic fireplace, nice crowd of people in, great food and a very nice selection of wines. The wait staff were very friendly and helpful with questions about the food and wine selection. We tried a few desserts so we could 'share'...all were GOOD! The menu at Mezzo Mare is small, but there is something for everyone. I prefer this. Too many selections in my experience, leaves too much room for error in the kitchen on a busy night. The staff also let me know that it was 'OK' to add or subtract something to a dinner order...'no problem at all'. This place is in a great location, right off of Nantasket Beach...easy to find, easy to get to. On my next visit back this summer (that's a definite!) I want to try a seat outside to get an ocean view...can't wait! I would highly recommend you try this gem on your next visit down, whether to Nantasket Beach for the day...try their deli...or an afternoon down to Hull and finish your visit off with a very tasty, authentic italian meal. Buon Appetito!! Ciao!

1  Thank jjstravels
Reviewed 4 May 2013

If someone from Italy was ever went to dine there - they would be shocked!

This is so non Italian - it's not even funny. Mammoth portions that one definitely does not need.

No quality here but if you need to fill up on relatively inexpensive and so-so quality food - go for it.