“One of the nicest B&B's you never heard of”

Josephine's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Hull B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We were in Hull, MA for just one night recently and decided to stay at Josephine's B&B based solely on TA raves. It is truly a charming spot with an even more charming host - Ann Marie. This is her and her husband's home - with, I think, just 3 guest rooms that make up the B&B. It is spotless and very well cared for. We were in the Anne Marie suite - which consists of a generous sized bedroom and an adjoining den; it has its own private bath (but the bath is in a common hallway which is the main entry to the B&B - bathrobes are provided!) The room also has a small fridge, flat screen tv, ironing board - everything you'd find in a major hotel - plus some! There were complimentary bottles of water (don't you hate when a major chain charges $4 or more for water!) and a goodie bag with some snacks that hit the spot later on - a bag of kettle popcorn, a bag of animal crackers (a bit of nostalgia), and two very decadent looking brownies that we forgot to take with us for our trip home...
In the morning we and two other guests gathered for a truly sumptuous, relaxing homemade breakfast She offered fresh made coffee, sliced cantaloupe wrapped in paper-thin prosciutto, a cinnamon-sugared pastry that was lighter than air, your choice of 2 different homemade breakfast breads, and a delicious homemade frittata...definitely one of the more memorable breakfasts we've had in a very long time.
We are pretty familiar with the area and had never heard of this B&B but it is one we'll never forget! Josephine's host Ann Marie definitely puts the capital B's in B&B!

Room Tip: The private bath in the common hallway for the Anne Marie suite may sound off-putting at first but t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
decem8er, Owner at Josephine's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

You guys should write for Gourmet magazine! Thanks for the compliment on the breakfast....when you come to Hull for the summer, give a call and I'll give you the brownies you missed out on.... Annmarie

Reviewed 2 June 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Josephine's several times while visiting Hull and have always been welcomed like family. Josephine's is a little off the beaten path, but not far from the main street in Hull so restaurants and the beach are both nearby.

The guest rooms are quite charming with many personal touches, photos and momentos from Ann Marie's family. The rooms are spotless and the beds comfy. We have stayed in both the M&M and the Anna Rose with views of the delightful gardens.

However all of that is secondary to Ann Marie's weekend and holiday breakfasts! Oh my heavens are they wonderful and beautifully presented! Plus, she tailors her breakfast selection around her guests likes. Knowing my husband is Italian, she always prepares some kind of Italian cuisine while we are there. Ann Marie shops the local markets to bring home fresh ingredients and purchases coffee from a nearby roaster in Hingham.

We have always traveled to Hull over the 4th of July holiday and the red white and blue abound. Josephine's is just delightful and I would definitely make this a destination while at Nantasket Beach or any of the small communities in the vicinity.

Room Tip: The M&M on the second floor is small and only has room for the Queen sized bed and a dresser. T...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Visiting our daughter in Quincy and instead of staying in Boston, we decided to try the Nantasket area. A good plan and staying at Josephines was the best idea ever! We were lucky have to have beautiful warm, windows-open, sunny weather and because it was the very beginning of the "season", we had the whole top floor of the house (our room AND the great common living room...full of windows with views of the bay, the wind mill and the ocean) pretty much to ourselves. Our room was spacious,immaculate and on our day of arrival, we were welcomed by tasty treats awaiting on the large comfy bed, birds singing outside our window. So GREAT! Anne Marie was the perfect host....friendly, attentive,unintrusive and full of excellent recommendations for restaurants/things to do. Her breakfasts, served in her own warm kitchen, were a different surprise every morning, so fresh and delicious! Hull is a beach throwback to another era...and very relaxing, fun, nostalgic. Great seafood at Jakes(5 mins away). We couldn't have had a nicer time....our next Boston visit, Josephine's is where we're heading!

Room Tip: We stayed in Twinz.....wonderful room
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
decem8er, Owner at Josephine's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

So glad you enjoyed staying with us! Our goal is to achieve a stay just as you described for our guests so it's great to get this feedback...Thanks again.

Annmarie

Reviewed 26 May 2013

My wife and 3 month old came for a wedding and this Bed & Breakfast was the best choice. First, the owner was very accommodating by allowing us to stay with an infant, which we were very thankful for. Checking in was incredibly simple. The establishment felt just like home. Breakfast was phenomenal! (Never had strawberries, honey, and coconut before... Delicious!) Beyond the building, the area was so lovely. It's right on the peninsula and minutes from the beach and scenic areas. We were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I hadn't seen Ann Marie in over 30 years and Thanks to her and her wonderful hospitality, it seemed like yesterday. She is so creative, the place is just perfect and what a great breakfast. My husband and I had a wonderful time. We both used to Summer in Hull as kids and now we have a fabulous place to stay when we want to get away. Miss you Ann Marie, hope to see you soon.
Beverly & Walter

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bevie1300
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I found Josephine's B and B for my mother, aunt and sister by reading Trip Advisor Reviews.
I was staying nearby in a house by the ocean, on a house exchange and they wanted to try a treat of a B and B. And treat it was.
Anne Marie could not have been more helpful or hospitable.

My mum and aunt are elderly and everything they required for a wonderful couple of days was kindly supplied by Anne Marie.

The rooms were delightful , the pretty breakfast room and delicious food and the way it was presented was a highlight for them . My sister enjoyed the chat with other guests at breakfast about what outings they had planned or had done the day before.

I met Anne Marie when she brought my family back to my house and you can tell she really takes pride in what she does and enjoys it.

I live in Ireland where hospitality at B and B's is renowned and Josephine's lives up to that tradition of pleasant surroundings, good food and genuine hospitality.,,thanks Anne Marie, they're stay in August was lovely.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
decem8er, Owner at Josephine's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2012

Hi folks

Thankyou so much for taking the time to write a review. I certainly had a wonderful time with your mum and family and it was a pleasure to meet you as well. I hope to see your family another time. They are a lot of fun to have stay with us and am glad they enjoyed their visit. Hull is especially beautiful right now with all the beautiful colors of the leaves and the sunsets and sunrise colorful vistas. Thanks again.

Annmarie
Proprietor

Reviewed 19 July 2012

My husband and I wanted to spend a little time near Cohasset where he grew up and because of reviews on TA we chose Josephines and were not disappointed. Our room was huge with all the amenities we needed.And Anne Marie is the perfect host with a breakfast each morning to die for. This is truly a little gem where there are few to be found.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hull
Nantasket Beach Resort
The Inn at Scituate Harbor
Best Western Rockland
Best Western Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Rockland
Best Western Adams Inn Quincy-Boston
Hotel 1620 Plymouth Harbor

Been to Josephine's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!