“Very satisfied!”

Nantasket Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hull
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I had a wedding this past weekend and the staff, the food, and service were all amazing we are very satisfied , the function hall was perfect! Highly recommend the nantasket beach resort to all the management was even better they were very polite and on top of everything that we needed thank you nantasket beach resort for a great experience

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Was able to check in early. Staff were very nice. Not easy getting to the parking area if a space was not available outside the main entrance. Pool is under an enclosed glass area but chairs and loungers available on the outside perimeter of the pool area. Food was very good. The best chowder I have had in ages!!! Fish tacos were heavily battered but tasty. Large portions. Downside -- only very sheer curtains--we had to put the dark blue quilts over the window to block out the daylight/street lights/traffic going by. Take earplugs if you are on the road side. (I never leave home without them!)

Room Tip: We stayed on the main road side. I think the beach side might have been better.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The hotel is really nice! Large rooms and they are well appointed. The area doesn't have a lot to offer though. It is right across the street from the ocean but SURPRISE, the beach disappears in the morning. The way the road, sea wall, and beach are laid out, at nine in the morning there is no beach at all. At around noon time I noticed there was about a 15 foot beach, and it grew as the tide rolled out. If you are like me and you want to be on the beach early, this is not the spot for you.

The Paragon Grill is the hotel's restaurant, and the food was very good and priced very reasonably, but the service was below average. I eat 5 meals there, 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners, none of which had great service. During breakfast it was difficult getting the waitress to refill coffees. At our lunch the waiter didn't write anything down then, he failed to put one of the meals in to the cook (we were a party of 12, so he really should have written down the orders). Other meals were wrong; wrong sides; cooking times delivered to the wrong person; etc. Again had he written orders down, this might have been fixed. The 2 dinners were fine but again slow service. ALL of my meals were good very well, and I enjoyed them.

The other concern I had with the hotel was the location. Other than the hotel, there is very little there for about 1/2 mile in either direction.

Room Tip: Request a partial or full ocean view, otherwise you'll be facing small businesses that are locat...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel the last weekend in July. Staff was very professional and accommodating. When checking in at 10am i was told the room was not available as of yet, but they offered to hold my luggage and take my cell phone number and would contact me when it was ready. I crossed the street and enjoyed the wonderful beach for an hour or so and received my message that the room was now available. The room was fabulous, big king bed,a fireplace and an incredible view of the ocean. We needed dinner reservations for our first night and called the front desk to see if any were available and not only did they take care of that for us they mentioned they were having a comedy show that night if we would be interested.... we had such a wonderful night ,dinner was fantastic and the show was a perfect end to a great day!!! we can hardly wait to return in the future, if you have a chance book this hotel... the beach, staff and property are all great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank taw522
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here last weekend. Room was ok, but we had requested a cot when booking and again upon check in. We were told we would definitely get one next day Saturday. Never happened. When calling or going up to front desk, these people were rude and essentially uninterested in helping us at all, especially on Friday and Saturday. They were too busy talking to each other. Unfriendly and Unhelpful. When we were leaving the hallway on the floor we were on was filling up with smoke and the smoke alarm was beeping. We went to the lobby and waited in line to inform someone. They didn't even know. Says a lot about the place.

Room Tip: The hotel is across the street from the beach.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cathybright1
Reviewed 6 August 2014

First time here with the family and overall was a really great experience. Steps from the beach. Easy parking. Breakfast was very reasonable and Tuesday was half price pizza and 25 cent wing day! Staff is very courteous. We had a minor issue with the jets not working in the tub. The issue was resolved in about 5 minutes. The view is amazing! Great if you have little ones because it takes about two minutes to get from your beach chair to your room to put the kiddies down for an afternoon nap and recharge. Two suggestions (although minor), try to leave the roof to the pool open more. The chlorine can get very strong. Second, please get rid of the charge to use the computer. It isn't costing a dime to allow folks to use it for free. Other then that, we will be back next year!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for partial or full ocean view room. It is well worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank goosfraba2007
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We started our vacation at Nantasket with high hopes...quickly that changed. Staff members were not friendly, and would go out of the way not to say hello or good anything. The community and the environment around the resort was tasteless and bland. People are very boring here and not friendly. We also were charged some convience fee upon check out for technology, coffee and whatever...what the young lady told me was mandatory and never mentioned to me until check out. Restaurant staff are young and have limited skills in customer service...I did like the house cleaning staff. They were courteous and very respectful. There was one gentleman at the front desk...very nice guy and an older lady who were both very pleasant...the rest need to be retrained.

We are a mixed family and I promise the environment wasn't inviting. I am from New York, but lived in Houston the last 5 years. Can't wait to get back. The only reason I'm not rating the 1 is because the beach is beautiful! So aside from all that, I do not recommend this place to anyone, it wasn't just a bad experience but rather a culture that lacks in diversity and excitement.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Masw091378
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hull
Best Western Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland
Comfort Inn
#3 of 3 in Rockland
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor

Been to Nantasket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!