“Great service, great prices.”
Review of Marvel's Lunch Box

Marvel's Lunch Box
Ranked #11 of 48 Restaurants in Hull
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I went to Marvel's with a group of ten people from a MeetUp group. Great place. Everyone seemed pleased with their food, especially the generous lobster rolls. I had a cheeseburger and delicious onion rings. Our waitress was cheerful and efficient - no problem dealing with ten separate checks! The owner comped our table a side of onion rings.

Very clean restroom.

(This is not a destination for vegetarians: there is a vegetable wrap and a veggie burger, but the rest of the menu is either meat or seafood. If hard of hearing, there is a noisy fan that would make conversation difficult.)

The owner came out to greet us personally. I recommend it whole-heartedly.

1  Thank MuddyShoesMedford

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We were walking down the boardwalk and stopped to grab a snack. They were clean and affordable. We ordered hot dogs, fries, onion rings and chicken tenders. The chicken tenders were the best I ever had especially in the honey mustard sauce. I nearly ate all of my kids lunch. Still thinking of them now!

1  Thank J1349XZangelac
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The food was fabulous, the owner came out to talk with us to be sure that we were happy with everything. Service was excellent and not over priced. The view of the ocean is always a plus. Although I think they are closed in the winter months, make it a must try next summer!

1  Thank hbhadfield
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Locally owned and operated. This is a great little place for clam chowder and a sandwich. Try it you'll like it.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Over the years we have watched businesses come and go from this spot, the last one being Linda Bean's Lobster Rolls which did not stay very long.
Last year Marvels' Lunch Box Walk Up Window opened and we totally ignored it. Then an eat in area was added and we put our noses up to the window but did not go in.
Last week, after getting a coupon for the cafe from the Stem to Stern Hull wide yard sales, we decided to try the food.
Now we are a fussy bunch of eaters and our expectations were not very high
Well...we were blown away by the quality of beach food! The hot dogs, hamburger and French fries were some of the best we have tasted in the area. I could not get over how fresh and juicy the burger was and the fries actually tasted like real potatoes. My companions raved about the hot dogs in toasted buns
We returned this week to try 5 bean soup and a Reuben sandwich both of which were very good. The fries this time were not as yummy or real tasting as the previous week but we ate them anyway. We were given complimentary bottles of water which I thought was quite generous.
The décor is very casual and rather pretty in a beachy kind of way. The owner is extremely affable and seems to do most of the front end of the business. He has a great sense of humour and what appears to be a casual approach to all aspects of his business. Service can be slow but we find that rather appealing. There are neat activities to keep children amused and adults can spend their time staring out at the ocean.
We wish MLB all the success and hope it succeeds

Been to Marvel's Lunch Box? Share your experiences!