“Good Breakfast, Slow Service”
Review of Toast

Toast
Ranked #8 of 48 Restaurants in Hull
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I've been to Toast many times. It is a good breakfast but don't go if you're in a hurry! It is a small restaurant and is always packed on the weekend. You'd think when you're serving breakfast you'd have a quicker turnover. It doesn't take that long to cook eggs! I've easily waited a half hour for an omelet. I do agree with other reviews some of the waitresses do have an attitude but I think you're forewarned by some of the signs on the wall!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I went here with my one year old son because the hotel we were staying at recommended it. I was very disappointed with our experience. The first thing that caught my attention was how unfriendly the waitress was. She seemed annoyed about doing her job. The view is nice from the restaurant and the inside has a nice seaside diner feel. However, the food was less than average. Our waffle was ok, but our eggs were overcooked and both the toast and hash browns were burnt. The waitress never brought me a fork or refilled my water. I don't think I saw either of the servers smile once, it was really awkward and made me feel unwelcome. I would not recommended this restaurant.

1  Thank Allyson L
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Having been here many times, it is time to recommend this small breakfast/ lunch spot as one of the best around. I personally prefer the Fire King French toast served with real maple syrup for breakfast but I have tried other offerings as well. Yummy, always:) The food here is consistently delicious, the presentation is well done, the service is good. From families with young children to a quick breakfast with Dad before the soccer match, young and old come here to eat well and leave with a full tummy, satisfied by excellent food preparation and a creative menu. Lunch is equally as good with varied sandwiches, soup and daily specials. This is a very good restaurant in Hull to know about if you want good food for breakfast or lunch, carefully prepared by a very good chef!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

First the Food: How can you screw up eggs and breakfast? I mean really!
All most people want is to grab their greasy food with a smile, pay, & get the heck outta there without the following issues that have come to define my experience here- multiple times!:

1) Be prepared to wait 40 minutes for scrambled eggs & bacon- I know, really!!
2) The Staff seems to care less about your business- Question to Counter waitress: "What kind of bread comes with breakfast?" Answer: "I'm not doing this-(picks up menu-sticks it in my face and says) Read it"
3) Overpriced- 45 minute wait- Miserable Attitudes- who needs it? DON'T GO- You'll regret it

2  Thank Ed M
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I love the food here but really dislike the owner who really doesnt seem to care if you come to her shop or not. The staff are great, she is not. Would it be too much to say please and thank you and not make a single feel like they were a waste of your time? If a four-top is open and there is NO LINE and it is NOT the SUMMER nor a SUNDAY, is there some reason that the two people at the door have to wait? I get the fact that this is a business and they need to MAX revenue etc., but the obnoxious sign at the door is over the top. I wont be back and wont recommend it but will go when others want to so they can see how rude it is. Go to Stars - nice people, as good food, no attitude.

4  Thank vbflynn