“Breakfast at the beach while I get the laundry done!”
Review of Anastos' Corner - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I've been coming here for years, and bring/meet friends here. Their breakfast can't be beat. The atmosphere is friendly, I often have conversations with staff or other patrons. Please note, this is a cash only place and they close at 2 pm. They also cook dinner on Thursday nights. Winter hours are limited. There is a parking lot for restaurant/laundromat customers. (No beach parking is allowed). Years ago,when my washer broke and the laundry piled up, I came down to do the wash and decided to go next door for breakfast. I hate doing laundry, but Anastos' makes this chore so much more enjoyable. So now, when the dirty clothes pile up, I fill several mchines at the laundromat next door and sit down to enjoy breakfast at Anastos'. I'm told that I'm not the only one who comes for breakfast while the wash runs!

You have a choice between counter or table seating. They ask if you want coffee when you are seated, important to me at breakfastime. They will keep pouring if you keep drinking. Their iced coffee is great too. I have enjoyed their omelets as well as a basic breakfast of eggs, homefries and toast. I always tell myself that I will not eat all of the homefries and the toast, but the potatos are yummy and they have marble rye toast, so the plate is empty when I'm done. They have many other choices if you want a bigger breakfast including pancakes, meats or other items. Occasionally, I'll opt for lunch items, or a homemade soup. They post specials on a sandwich board.

This is a great stop if you're staying at a local hotel, want to grab a breakfast or lunch to go to enjoy on the beach. Or put in a couple of loads of laundry and enjoy a relaxed, friendly place with great, inexpensive food.

There are newer reviews for Anastos' Corner

Reviewed 8 September 2011

We had breakfast here several mornings during our stay in Nantasket. It is a really quaint sort of diner. Its on a corner right across from the beach. The 2 waitresses were very friendly and helpful. They told us that they were also doing evening food in addition to breakfast, The restaurant is very basic - no frills. We found the fans they use (instead of air con) were insufficient for the heat we were experiencing. The food was very good - great choice - usual diner fare - pancakes, various breakfast menus and a few 'different' dishes. My son had a lovely Greek plate - which had a great feta cheese, olives, tomatoes and gorgeous imported sausage. Coffee refills were free and frequent. Portions were large and very tasty. The restaurant could do with a bit of a 'Spring clean' though - especially the windows - we couldn't see out!!!!! I would recommend it though.

Reviewed 2 August 2011

We had the pleasure of eating at a childhood favorite spot! The omelette was great, the portions were plentiful and the staff are...well ol' fashion! It was an experience everyone should try once in their lives! Great fun!

Reviewed 1 August 2011

Good food, ok prices, but the windows are so dirty you can not see in thru them

Reviewed 6 April 2011

I have never had a bad breakfast here...and I love my breakfasts! Sally is a gem! Great spot by the beach! What more could you ask for !!!