“Great location, terrific food!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jake's Seafood
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Hull
Price range: US$14 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, View, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Jake's has been serving award winning fresh seafood for over 50 years! We are a seasonal (open April-November) restaurant located in beautiful Nantasket Beach directly on the water! We feature a full service seafood market for those wanting to take fresh seafood home and prepare for themselves and offer a full liquor service as well as a children's menu.
Park City, Utah
“Great location, terrific food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Quintessential New England seafood dining at its best! If you love "steamahs", this is the place to get them! The food is delicious, service is great and the location is epic! Directly across the street from Jake's, you can see on of America's oldest carousels and sitting on the back deck, you can have a beverage and eat appetizers while you're waiting to be seated. Take in the view of the estuary at sunset while you wait. There's a reason there is a wait, it's a great place to dine, so plan ahead. Especially on weekends.

Visited July 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“good food but noisy as expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

everyone in our group of five loved their meals with the exception of me. I liked it but didn't love it. We shared a fried then sauteed in garilc calamari appetizer. I thought it was too greasy and liked the plain fried version better. For dinner I had the bluefish with mustard topping. I always like the bluefish here but it was smothered in poupon mustard that I thought would be more of a sauce but was just the mustard laid on too heavily, I scraped it off and it tasted much better with just a bit of it on. I had asked for it to be put on lightly. The fingerling potatoes are just put on the plate and could use some salt and pepper and parsley on it. Boring. Prefer a baked potato. My companions had grilled swordfish, crabcakes, baked haddock and another dish that I forget and all were very happy with theirs.
We tasted the key lime pie that was rated very good by two but I thought it just alright. Topping was whipped cream and filling wasn't tangy enough for me.
I enjoy Jake's but never as much as my companions it seems.

• Visited August 2014
Scituate, Massachusetts
“Want the freshest seafood?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Hurry before summer is gone to enjoy wonderful seafood in this casual, water side restaurant. Lots of choices and the staff is eager to please with any special requests. Large families or dinner for two, it feels right either way.

Visited August 2014
Hartford, Connecticut
“great food, fabulous view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We ate at Jakes on a lovely July evening...we were able to sit outside, had fun drinks, the food was delicious, and the sunset fabulous. They were also so friendly. We'll make it a regular stop when we are in the area!

• Visited July 2014
Scituate, Massachusetts
“Seafood Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Can't imagine why I haven't reviewed Jake's before! We've had dinner twice there this month, and, as always, everything was perfectly prepared ... our servers were delightful ... and, we lucked out with window tables at sunset for both visits. Yes, it's crowded and can be noisy, but that's part of the "dining by the water in July" ambience.

Seafood just don't get any better than it is here ... and the menu options are eclectic, from traditional fried (which we never eat, but friends say they are excellent) to Cajun spiced and perfectly grilled dishes.. Nice wine list and beer selection. Everything is fresh, fresh, fresh.

If you like seafood, you must try Jake's.

• Visited July 2014