“Best sushi south of Boston!” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Dalat Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 47 Restaurants in Hull
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best sushi south of Boston!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

By far, this is the best sushi south if Boston. The spicy tuna (my fave) is a nice chunk of the freshest tuna, not ground into minced tuna and ladened with spicy mayo, like most places. They have great quality, skilled sushi chefs here. Awesome variety, and their prices can't be beat. On top of that, they are have an awesome Vietnamese menu of fresh, seasonal dishes, cooked to order. Everything is fresh and creatively prepared. Not your standard Chinese food with heavy sauces and everything fried. I have been going to this place since they opened, over 20 years ago, and I am never disappointed. The staff is friendly, the place is small, not fancy, but comfortable. A nice dining experience, without being pretentious and overpriced. But don't tell anyone. I want to keep it our little secret.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Moira D

“Yummy sushi at resort prices!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Ya, the sushi was tasty but I have never paid $17 for a spider roll! And the rest of our dishes were just ok. The bar scene sounded fun and lively but the dining room was dull and boring! Not in a rush to visit again!

Warsaw, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice location by the water, but just so-so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stopped by just because we were walking along the beach and saw it was close by. Staff was friendly and there were some neat features, but atmosphere was rather average. Lots of menu choices and drink options. Veggie rolls, steak and salmon were great, but other sides left a lot to be desired. We just considered it an adventure since we didn't know what we were getting into so it was fun, but I wouldn't go there for a nice dinner out.

• Visited September 2013
North East PA
“Overall Good, not amazing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

After reading a view reviews that were all over the place I had to chime in. I have eaten at La Dalat probably 10 times over the past 6 months and I have had varying degrees of success with the food there. Food is always some where between a 6 and a 10, I have never had anything that needed sending back like an earlier review. The sushi in my opinion is pretty good but over priced for portion size and presentation compared to other local prices. The drinks are excellent and it won't take more two or three at the bar to have had plenty. My favorite things to get involve all the appetizers. Their appetizer sampler is huge and I have even ordered it as a meal for myself. Staff is very friendly to me and I have no complaints about them or the service I have had there.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank FoodReviewNEPA
London, United Kingdom
“Mediocre sushi. Will go back for the grilled hamachi cheek”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

La dalat is a bit confused on cuisine... The combo of Chinese, Vietnamese and Japanese make putting together a cohesive meal a bit tough. We decided to stick with Japanese. The tempura was a little dense. The sushi was fresh but nothing special. All the different rolls were a bit over kill. The one reason I will go back is for the grilled hamachi cheek. Perfectly cooked and seasoned, fatty, meaty and crispy! Perfect $10 lunch!

• Visited September 2013