“more pluses than minuses”

Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The resort is huge ,they have an elevator even though there are only two floors. There is a musty smell when you enter the floors, one of the negatives, others being the flat TV that features about 12 channels without HD, they have pay per view movies , I paid $9 dollars for two coffees and a muffin in one of the shops in the lobby.The staff were friendly, there is ample parking and the hotel has a golf course , two huge pools [one indoor and one outdoor] and a hot tub.For us the huge thumbs up is the hotel sits right behind the Cape Cod Melody Tent which is an outdoor entertainment venue. We enjoyed the Frankie Valli concert last night [JULY 25TH] and as we left the venue the traffic was atrocious.We walked across the street and were in our room for a nitghcap within minutes and watched from our little patio overlooking the road the traffic mayhem that went on and on leaving the CCMT.So if you plan on attending an event at the CCMT I would highly recommend staying at this hotel for beating the traffic alone.But a word of caution if you your not fond of what seemed like a hundred kids screaming and running thru the property and pools this is not the place for a quiet getaway.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My dance studio stayed here because of the national competition we were attending was being held here. I booked an adjoining room. The room was average, humidifiers run constantly to keep the moisture level at bay, no closet space (which I believe is due to the fact that it was an adjoining room), bathrooms were very decently sized :), I thought the beds were cozy, but people in my party did not agree. If it weren't for the "special competition rate" these rooms are not worth the $$$ price they charge....Pros: it was close to the Main St, Hyannis, which is a fun spot! The conference area (where the competition was held) was nice. Cons: The pool hours 9-5!! What is that about---were are at Cape Cod, it's summertime and the outdoor pool closes at 5!!! Disappointing. The pool itself-nice...the surface around the pool-unfinished-pebbles constantly getting stuck to your feet--ouch! The lounge chairs-many dirty with black mold. Restaurant hours are a bit strange, but once you know them--you can plan accordingly. The Restaurant is under staffed resulting in long waits and somewhat poor service. It's somewhat annoying the golf course runs in the open area between the buildings of the rooms....when you sit on your balcony, at times, you are dodging golf balls! One night we ordered pizzas for our group of dancers and the front desk staff would not allow us to sit in the hotel foyer area (which is large and has plenty of seating/tables) and eat. I was told that the resort just spent a large amount of money in updates and remodeling, but I don't know where this was done, as it didn't appear obvious to me. The hallways are in need of updating (many are hot and stuffy) the have small air conditioning units keeping them cool-but not really. Many areas just smell musty and feel damp.
Would I stay here again? Yes, if it was because of a dance competition event, but NOT for a vacation or leisure trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed because of a dance competition being held here. I booked the room in Feb and paid in full. Reservations were exact and I recieved comfirmation in the mail a few days later. When we arrived a couple of hours early and our room was ready. This is where I have issues, my room was 417 which is down a long hall up 3 flights of stairs and then down another long hall. I had a dream duffle and lots of suitcases. My issue was 1st with the stairs then when i got to the hallway it was STIFILING HOT!!! I have breathing issues and it didnt help me any by the time I was done. I later found out you can have someone take your things up for you. I figured since I reserved so early in the yr and paid in full I would of gotten a better location in the hotel like near an elevator. which their is only one elevator in the whole place!Room was nice and updated. HUGE bathroom with all you needed for soaps, lotions, shampoo and conditioner. ironing board, and iron and blowdryer. My view was the grass courtyard witch I was expecting more that a sandpit in the middle and small putting green (which I couldnt see of the foliage in full bloom. it was quiet. I would of enjoyed it better on the golf course side, nice breeze and better view. Went to bogies for a late dinner before awards. I ordered a salad and soon found a hair in it. offered new one, didnt take them up on the offer. Took it off my bill. Next day concierge desk was a big help finding the many beaches in the surrounding area. Unless you love walking, you will be driving to the beach. $15 a day for 6 different beaches. Returned from our day, and my child was hungry and wanted to eat right away. Food was good but later found out our server added in his tip on my card after I had already tipped him in cash. Well that was the last straw for that place. Beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows. The ice machine was out of order for the 5 days i was there. Which meant you had to go down 3 flights of stairs, cross the grass courtyard via brick path and use the ice machince in the other building. I later did find the hidden refridgerator in the desk. The outside pool was cloudy and crowded, and i was disappointed when I walked by only to see the lifeguard reading something in a magazine. The inside pool is large and has 2 lap lanes if you choose too. The whirlpool was so hot I couldnt even go to my knees. In the middle of the pools is a restraunt that serves pub fare. Dont get me wrong. The housekeeping staff was AMAZING!!!! Never went without anything and when I needed help they were right there to assist. Would I stay here again? No, I could of saved a lot of money and picked a place with all this and free breakfast (my friends place she stayed) very close to here. The melody tent is right across the street. You are walking distance to center but in the July heat I chose to drive. They do have a spa which I was going to get a massage and was told I should of made reservations weeks ago. I wont return here because for $190(discounted rate) I was expecting a whole bunch more.

Room Tip: pick the 100 or 200 rooms. front of hotel and has access to an elevator.Ask for golf course side, mu...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank micmaqprincess
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I did not love this resort. Very average. Rooms were clean, but barely. Beds were not comfortable. We were scheduled to stay 2 nights, but left after the first night. The front desk was friendly. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed at the Resort for a conference and it was a great week. The front desk was friendly, the restaurant decent food, and the conference rooms plentiful. We ate conference food, which was decent, especially the "New England" dinner night. Bogey's the hotel bar had typical hotel bar food at typical prices. The room had two queens, and with a very large bathroom was plenty big for two to share a room.
When we weren't working, we were able to walk to the beach on one side of the hotel (less than a mile), and the docks on the other side of the hotel (just over a mile) and to the cute shops and restaurants about a 1/4 of a mile.
It was a great stay!

Room Tip: all rooms have a balcony, ask for higher floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Front staff very nice, restaurant GREAT (maybe because I was so hungry). Room was clean, bed very comfortable, pillows great. Would go back yet again. I have stayed at this hotel now 3 times. Twice for work, and once for a concert at the Cape Code Melody Tent, it really could use some updating in the hallways and common areas, but really nice.
As I mentioned above, I did go to the restaurant this time got a burger and fries, and boy oh boy, GREAT hamburger, fries were done just right... and not expensive. Overall, have to say good place to say.

Room Tip: Stayed on the first floor (which I don't usually) but great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed as a family of 5. We got a room with a pull out couch that had a fantastic view of the golf course. This facility is not new but that doesn't matter to us. We were in town for a soccer tournament, there were two proms going on in the function facilities, there was a wedding party in the hotel, and it was also Memorial Day weekend. There was a great energy in the place yet in the overnight hours everything was nice and quiet.

The combination of wide open space located within walking distance of Main Street, Hyannis was the biggest plus. Close enough to all the shops and restaurants but far enough to feel cramped in.

Very good for families.

Room Tip: We liked the golf course view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family