“Extremely Dissappointed!”

Cuisines: French, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Modern European style Cafe & Bistro
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Extremely Dissappointed! Careless service and staff don't even know what the heck they are serving to the customers! Was meaning to come here for a few years now. Finally made it to PDA, ordered a ton of food. Food was good so we went back for dessert. Asked the lady who was taking my order if the chocolate bomb had nuts in it because my son is allergic. She said there was none. My son took two-three bites of the dessert and says "I'm gonna throw up" (his typical reaction when he is allergic)...we run to the bathroom. He starts gagging in the toilet. He is 4! I peek out of the bathroom and ask another employee if there are nuts in the chocolate bomb. She promptly informs me that there are hazelnuts in it!!!! Complete waste of money and food when your kid just threw up everything he just ate not to mention that going to a restaurant should be a life threating experience. Please educate your staff better and make them aware of the dangers of allergies! Not in a hurry to return anytime soon.

1  Thank vkusnashka25

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is a real gem tucked away in a small commercial office park area just off of rte 132 near the airport and rotary. Definitely worth seeking out. Had a fabulous lunch; we intend to try it for dinner as well. Curry chicken sandwich was perfect, as were the pomme frites. Breakfast looks wonderful. This is a bustling place but not nearly as loud as some reviews have indicated, and it was nearly full when we were there. Don’t miss this gem!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I’ve had several dinners here over the past few years. This is my first review. The food is consistently good. Service is always personal to the individual providing it. Kristina, our server lasr night, was excellent. She was knowledgeable and thoughtful. The watermelon gazpacho appetizer special was novel and tasty. My scallop entree from the menu was well-prepared and a generous portion. My husband ordered the “seafood sampler” special which he enjoyed. We were surprised when the bill was presented to find that it was priced at $52. Even in a restaurant of this caliber, that was about $10 more than it should have been. The server should be told to provide the price when describing the specials. The decor is in need of a refreshing. Most every chair, hightop and barstool had significant paint chips. The upholstered banquets had visible worn spots. We would return but, in my opinion, the restaurant needs to make some changes to merit a “5” under this raring system.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

We came here for dinner and I can tell you that the service was not as good as a lot of people would think it is, comparing with the prices this place have! First, we called for reservation and there was nobody to answer the call. After leaving voice message we got called back to let us know that they will have available table at 8 o'clock! We got there on time and the table wasn't ready so we end up waiting to get a table. After we finally got seated Kristina (our server) came to take the drink order. We have ordered bottle of Chardonnay which on a first place wasn't even cold to be served. Following the drink order we have ordered some oysters for an appetizer and duck confit gnocchi. After the long wait and seating on empty table we decided to ask if the appetizer will be coming soon because we were already very hungry and there was not even bread and butter on the table. They finally delivered the appetizers but in the same time they brought out the bread and butter followed by two of the entree dishes which my other two friends order. My dinner dish was missing! My friends ordered flat bread and octopus which were burned. We all ended up eating our meals alone in a different time! In mean time nobody came to apologize or to ask how was everything! Even the server! We are not coming back!

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Pain D'avignon is a lovely jewel of aa place that meets all needs - from breakfast through dinner. While we have had both breakfast and lunch there, and purchased their outstanding breads, we had not yet been for dinner. It was outstanding. We went with friends in early May, and were most pleased with our choices. First we were treated to lovely crusty bread (of course!) and an olive oil dipping sauce. Both my husband and I had scallops which rested on a delicious sweet pea risotto. The dish was absolutely delicious, with different flavors interacting perfectly with one another. Friends shared the mussels and a salad after having onion soup.All were deemed delicious. It was fun to watch the bakers preparing tomorrow's delicious loaves through a window behind the tables. As a lovely finale, each diner was given one of their outstanding breads, each a different one, to take home. Breakfast, lunch or dinner - crest terrifique!

1  Thank RenaM65