“Nice Hotel, Nice Location”
Review of Anchor In Hotel

Anchor In Hotel
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Hopewell Jct, New York
“Nice Hotel, Nice Location”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I decided to stay at The Anchor In in Hyannis due to the town being mid-Cape for exploring purposes and the hotel situated on the water with many excellent reviews. My stay before Memorial Day weekend got me a better rate while still not inexpensive. The "in-season" rates are very high. The hotel is immaculate as most reviewers already stated. The room I chose was the "cozy" room listed as having a harbor view through the sunroom. Read "cozy" as small and, in my opinion, while perfectly adequate for one person, two would be quite cramped. I expected the sunroom to be open air where I would be able to sit out and catch the ocean breezes but instead it turned out to actually be a glass-enclosed walkway which contained some over-flow cafe-type tables/chairs from the library/game room for accommodating the breakfast diners and also some lovely and comfortable rattan chairs and tables for reading or just sitting. As I had pictured myself kicked back reading in the salty air with minimal foot traffic to disturb me, I was rather disappointed in this set-up. If I were to return, I would definitely get a second floor room, sans elevator to get there, with a deck facing the harbor. The view from the sunroom is also somewhat blocked by the large faux mast that rises up from the pool area (see pictures). The room where I stayed is directly behind the man sitting in the rattan chair in picture #3 of the 103 personal pictures on this Tripadvisor site. I wished I had looked at them first. The other problem with this room is that the only window is the one facing that hallway (sunroom) so if you want any privacy, you must keep the drapes closed and, like another person mentioned, those hallway lights are kept on all night, which I found disturbing. I found the bed to be very hard and, consequently, not rest inducing. I'm sure the management might have been able to move me if I had inquired. I relate this only so others might be aware if these issues might be of concern to them. On another note, I have been told by a Cape Codder that keeping a property that is close to the water free of mold and mildew is very difficult indeed. However, the maintenance and cleanliness at The Anchor In is so impeccable that this is not even remotely an issue. The place is pristine and the furnishings are lovely. The parking is conveniently right outside the door. The people running the establishment are nice, the breakfast is good and, while not hot, it is plentiful and nicely presented.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room with a harbor view.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank amaranthine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Hebrew first
Metuchen, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Everything about this hotel was perfect. The location was great, within an easy walk to several bars and restaurants and the ferry to Nantucket. The view couldn't be better, and every room appeared to have a fantastic view of the harbor. The hotel itself was immaculate and the staff was attentive and friendly. The pool was warm and comfortable even when the weather was cool. The breakfasts were above the typical continental breakfast you get at most places, with some of the best fresh baked muffins we've ever had. The library was a beautiful and relaxing place to have a night cap after a long day of exploring Cape Cod. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing, luxurious and convenient place to stay while in Cape Cod.

Lowell, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Recently took my boyfriend for his birthday this past weekend. I had called earlier in the day to see if an early check in was possible and we were able to check in at noon. Once we got to the room, a bottle of champagne and a "happy birthday" note were waiting in the room for us. The hotel was clean and super adorably decorated. One of the best parts of our stay was the free continental breakfast which was great! The view of the harbor from the hotel is beautiful and the sunsets are amazing! I have no complaints about this hotel at all, the staff was very friendly and accommodating, the hotel which was recently renovated was amazing and the price was right! I would recommend this hotel to all of my family/friends and will definitely be returning!

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We wanted a B+B-like place but that was a little more modern and mainstream and this place was exactly that. Small and homey, yet modern. Rooms were clean and the bathrooms updated. Nice breakfast nook and lovely library. Good breakfast with great muffins! Front desk staff was terrific. Only negative was a singular surly breakfast attendant.

Room Tip: We had room 103. It was large with a nice harbor view.
Allentown
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This was our second visit at this hotel. We loved the clean,airy room with the great view of the harbor. Breakfast was delicious fresh daily.We were able to walk to the ferry terminal to Nantucket.It's the best place to stay on the Cape.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We attended our son's Graduation Ceremony at Harward Law School on May 24. Right away we came to The Anchor Inn in Cape cod for celebration. We were glad to make such choice as we found out it was ideally located in the central of Cape Cod which provide a very convenient location to explore the adjacent sight seeing points. These wonderful two nights we stayed would certainly cast never-fading memories in our minds.

• Stayed May 2012
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We spent two nights here in mid-May. Check-in was welcoming. Rooms were excellent, beds comfortable. We had two rooms on the second floor with balconies where we enjoyed the ocean view and the boats and ferries coming and going. The grounds are very well-maintained and the breakfast just fine - especially sitting in the sunporch hallway looking out to the water. Looked to be a beautiful outdoor pool but we didn't have a chance to use it. We would return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
Bayside Resort Hotel
Pleasant Bay Village
Pleasant Bay Village
#2 of 9 in Chatham
Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth

Been to Anchor In Hotel? Share your experiences!