“Great Cape Cod atmosphere”
Review of Anchor In Hotel

Anchor In Hotel
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Great location walking distance to ferries, great staff, larger than usual room.would recommend to anyone visiting Cape Cod. Atmosphere is truly what I envisioned for Cape Cod. We enjoyed interacting with other guest.
Ng
Y

1  Thank bettyer

Reviewed 13 November 2012

Used Anchor In as our home base to travel around Cape Cod and it was perfect....absolutely no complaints whatsoever. Staff was very helpful....recommend highly! Breakfast was done very tastefully, sitting room for watching a little football after a long day sightseeing if you wern't ready to call it a day with your traveling companions.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank 39Ilene
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Perfect location for our first trip to Cape Cod. Only a few minutes walk to Hyannis Main Street, and easy to get around the rest of Cape Cod by car.

We booked this as part of our honeymoon and couldn't have chosen anywhere better. Everyone was so friendly: We, too, were at the Anchor In when 'Sandy' arrived and all the staff were fantastic. I was particularly nervous beforehand, but everyone really made us feel safe. Thank you so much.

The room was very clean and comfortable and the atmosphere at the Anchor In is very relaxed, with help always at hand for advice on places to eat out, visit etc.

Loved Cape Cod & also loved our trip to Marthas Vineyard. Hope to see you all again.

Thanks again.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2012

This is a refurbished older hotel owned by the same family for several decades. It is located in a perfect spot for walking distance to restaurants and shops in Hyannis and along the waterfront. If you're taking a ferry to the islands, it is right next door. In the off season it is very quiet. The staff are very helpful and the rooms are sparkling clean. I would avoid the cheapest rooms as they are in a low-ceilinged near basement location, which is fine if no one is staying above you, but if you have folks who seem to need to walk back and forth across the floor about 500 times a night it is quite loud.

Room Tip: Don't select the "partial-view" rooms in the main building.
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband and I went for a weekend visit "off season" and found this place to be a gem. I picked The Anchor to stay at based on the reviews in Trip Advisor. I was not disapointed! The room was "clean, clean, clean". The staff was helpful with suggestions on places to eat.
I just can't say enough about it. I found the positive reviews to be unusual as most people write to "complain", not very many write in with positive feed back.

We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Anchor In many times, but never during a hurricane. Hurricane Sandy arrived during our stay and the entire staff made us feel safe and secure. From owner Skip Simpson, to Sandy, Janet, Tammy, and the rest of the staff, we say thank you! Thank you fo allowing us to stay extended time, thank you for being so nice to my wife and I, and thank you for being a calming influence on us during this time. The Anchor In is definitely the best accomodations on Cape Cod. We cannot wait until our next visit to visit our friends at the Anchor In.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent!
1  Thank GRAMPS99
Reviewed 1 November 2012

My husband and I have roots on the "Bay" side of the Cape in East Dennis and try to visit as much as we can, mostly off season in Spring + Fall and on our Harley...(Summer down the Cape is spectacular but C-R-A-Z-Y busy especially on the "Sound" side...Dennisport-Yarmouth-Hyannis).

Because of the "calm before the storm" fantastic weather forcast for October 26+27 we decided to take off down the Cape on the Harley before Hurricane Sandy hit and possibly stay over night. We didn't have reservations anywhere which was not a problem as we are only 1-1/2 hr ride from home. The weather forcast was so nice that we did decide to try to find some place to stay over and headed toward Hyannis to try to take in our 2 favorites in downtown....the "British Beer Company" and "The Black Cat".

I was hesitant to stay overnight in downtown Hyannis though (looong story) but my husband had done some research on tripadvisor regarding this "Anchor In". After a few disagreements on where to stay, I said "ok let's just check the place out and look at the rooms".
Well I have to say that I was blown away by this top notch, spit-spot clean, very professionally run hotel....actually more like a B+B than a "hotel". AND the off-season price was the best surprise at $89!!!

I could go on and on....and usually do but I will just say that you NEED to go to the website and read and see for yourself all the amenities this hidden gem has to offer. Everything about his hotel is EXACTLY as stated on it's website....EXACTLY. My husband and I travel ALOT and have stayed in all sorts of hotels, Inns, B+B's of all shapes, sizes and ratings. This is one of the cleanest, well run, comfortable, homey, establishment that we have ever stayed in. We will definetely return!!!

Oh and as far as staying in Hyannis.....not bad, not bad at all...you should try it and see!! :)

Room Tip: We stayed "off-season" in a ground floor room near the road across from the hospital. The...
1  Thank jmt8479
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
SeaCoast Inn
SeaCoast Inn
#5 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Anchor In Hotel? Share your experiences!