“Enjoyable stay!”
Review of Anchor In Hotel

Anchor In Hotel
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed 2 December 2008

Needed an an overnight stay right after Thanksgiving to do some shopping in the area. I went onto roomsaver.com and found a walk-in coupon for the Anchor-in in Hyannis, MA. Since it was Thanksgiving weekend; decided to call ahead to make sure there would be a room. They accepted my coupon over the phone and took my reservation.

When we arrived at the Anchor-in, it didn't look like much from the outside and actually looked rather small. But were we surprised! Walked into their warm reception area and was greeted by Sandy. She told me they upgraded our room and gave us information about their hotel; they have a continental breakfast in the morning in their sunroom and she showed us where that was; there's a sitting room/library; they have an attractions board and menu board for all local happenings and eateries. She was so friendly! Got into our room and found our room to be bright and cheery; very clean and spacious! There was a nice closet space; a little refrig., iron/ironing board; hairdryer. plus, a lovely little deck outside with views of the harbor. Flat screen TV; a sitting chair; plus a desk - what a find!!!!! Truly enjoyed our stay. Hyannis is centrally located and the hub of the Cape. Close by to Rts. 6 & 28 so a good location. Lots to do in downtown Hyannis. Joined other guests for coffee in the morning, fireside in the library. Other folks were sitting in the sunroom reading their papers - gazing out of the harbor. A perfect stay and we certainly expect to return to the Anchor-in in the future.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,142)

Reviewed 22 November 2008

This inn is right on the waterfront and just a stones throw from the ferry terminals. The rooms are comfortable and reasonably sized and perfect for the traveller. Breakfast is included and provides a large, quality selection of choice. We were there mid October and the weather was just beginning to turn cold. That said, this inn was just perfect in location and atmosphere and we were sorry when the time came to leave. There are plenty of restaurants around so dining out is easy and the inn is just a short walk from Hyannis centre for even more choice.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2008

We stayed at the Anchor In in the off season while touring the cape and found it very good. Although it was -3 celcius outside, the rooms were comfortable and warm.

Our room had a balcony and a very nice view over the harbour - the motel is in an excellent location. The breakfast was the highlight of our stay - it is served in a gorgeous sun-filled room with views of the harbour. Free internet is also provided throughout the place which was excellent. The guy behind the front desk (i think it was Chris) was extremely helpful in giving us restaurant recommendations and showing us around.

I would definitely recommend the Anchor In for Hyannis.

• Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed 16 November 2008

Great location overlooking the harbour in Hyannis. We stayed at the Osterville - nice, big and clean right on the water's edge. Even though it was end of October - low season on Cape Cod it was still very busy with quite a few tourists from Europe (like us). Good breakfasts in the common room. Overall a great place to make your base camp if touring the Cape.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2008

While the place itself was pleasant there are other places in Hyannis that offer a similar level for significantly less. I was exceedingly disappointed in their use of cheap (and I mean the cheapest of the cheap) polystyrene bowls and plates. A hot bagel and a polystyrene plate do not match. Apart from the potential carcinogens in the plates, their lack of consideration for the environment is unbelievable.

Considering that the average rate was about $180 per night I was quite frankly amazed that they were so cheap in this area. Please, I do not expect bone china but give me some ceramic for my coffee in the morning.

Last year, for $50 per night , we had a much better experience and with equal comfort.

VERY disappointed. Guess where we will NOT be staying next time we go to Hyannis. Basic math shows that our 5 night stay x $180 will pay for a LOT of proper plates, cups, and bowls...

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank Jojo47Philadelphia
Reviewed 18 October 2008

My husband and I were traveling the New England states for fall foilage. Our first stop was the Anchor IN. The rooms are immaculate and our room looked exactly like it did on line. It was very fresh and updated. The furniture and draperies were nice and above average. The kitchen area and den have a sunporch off of the areas for sitting and relaxing with a view of the water/ boats. The decor is charming and warm. The walk ways to the room were surrounded by fresh flower plantings. The breakfast was very good featuring many items. The staff was so professional. The gentleman that checked us in, wore a sport coat and showed us the grounds etc during check in. He assisted us with the ride on the ferry to Martha's vineyard. I would like to come back and stay at the Anchor IN. The owners and staff pay attention to the fine details.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AandKIndiana
Reviewed 15 October 2008

Sandy and the rest of the staff made our 8 night stay really memorable. For the last 3 nights we had 13 people including 4 teenagers staying in six rooms and everyone commented on how great the rooms were. My sister loved being steps away from the pool, my brother and his family loved the large efficiency room they occupied, my single friends loved their quiet rooms. The staff helped at every turn with information about restaurants and beaches to whale watching. They provided champagne glasses and coffee for a small celebration and cake ceremony - I was the last of 4 friends turning 50 in 2008. I heard that many poeple return year after year to this hotel, and if I didn't live in Utah, I would too. We are all still talking about the wonderful time in Hyannis. We walked to all the restaurants, into town, and to most of the beaches too. The free breakfast was another attraction, I ate my weight in blueberries and oatmeal and the teenagers loved the bagels and muffins. I would recommend the Anchor In for couples and families but perhaps not with babies, only to keep it quieter!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank LW_from_Utah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis
Hyannis Harbor Hotel
#10 of 22 in Hyannis
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cape Cod Hyannis
Chatham Inn At 359 Main

Been to Anchor In Hotel? Share your experiences!